First Hifi setup

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

clegtr

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
clegtr said:
Thank you very much, I think I will get the Denon then. The Audio Technica Turntable looks very nice aswell, but is there a version without usb?

Lastly, as a complete Hifi noob I have to ask the question, how do I determine if the speaker fit the amp? In guitar amps (only got experience with them) you always have to pair the speakers with the outputs with their specific resistance. Now I looked at my speakers, but couldn't find any information about ohm values. Is this important?

Nowhere near as complicated as guitar amps. HiFi speakers generally fall in the 4-8ohm category and will be drive by just about any amp.

Regards your speakers if you search for them as spelt you find nothing....... however if you search mulindine then...voila!

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3DMulidine%2Bcarats&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=fr&u=http://www.cristatechnologies.fr/fiche-A%257CCRISTA%257Ccarat-01050000000000.html&usg=ALkJrhh1j5V1iTgGIukn8hvOCI5OCScepQ

:grin:

Haha, I was already wondering why I couldn't find anything about them on the internet :wall: :rofl: Thank you :)

Are they any good? I'll do some research myself, now that I know what to look for ;)

EDIT: Well, there sure isn't a lot of info around. I could only find a single forum post in french that wasn't very favourable, but whatever, I can upgrade sometime else :grin:

clegtr

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
So, the sound would be better on the Pro-Ject? The thing is, I've read reviews that are not too favourable on Pro-Ject's build quality, while the AT seems to be very sturdy. How big would the difference in sound quality be? I have been thinking and decided that a usb output wouldn't be such a bad idea. I wouldn't consider it a determining criteria though.

TRENDING THREADS