first hi-fi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I
would like to buy the first hi-fi but I do not know which option is good.My room is 3x5 meters with all the TV placed on the long wall - for
the full hd Panasonic plasma 42 inch I just have over 2.5 meter.

I
listen to rather warm sounds of jazz a
lot of blues and latino american music, a lot of groove and funk . Also ethno African , classics and the least rock . Only exceptions The Rolling Stones
and Pink Floyd. None hard metal.

I was thinking about the Pioneer A6 mk2 cd + amp + tuner and NHT
3 columns. I heared from my friend the music playing nicely but someone else told me just the A6 better cope with severe
rock music then my warm sound ;) .

Next kit I instructed me it was audiolab 8000 cd +
Triangle Titus.That are you think about these proposals?

On the cd I would like to spend up to 600 eu , amplifier 600 eu also , tuner 400 and columns 600 eu per pair.

Cheers to You

Luke

I

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
General consensus is that you should spend an equal amount of money on each component like you are planning to do.

However, I can tell you that this is not necessarily so in my experience.

There isn't much difference in the level of music reproduction between amplifiers that cost between 300 and 600 euros, and the same goes for the CD players.

I would recommend a combination of Proac Studio 110 speakers, NAD 326bee, and Cambridge Audio 550C as opposed to something like B&W 684's, NAD 355bee, and Cambridge Audio 650c, as good as they sound.

You could get the new Sony tuner for about 100 and cables for another 100.

This kinda system will give you a lot of satisfaction for a long time and not worry about upgrading.

Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

Hello,

Thank's a lot batonwielder .What about magnat Quantum 605 speakers if you write about big speakers like B&W 684.I think this Cambridge Audio 650c is very ok to me.

RawLuke:

Hello,

Thank's a lot batonwielder .What about magnat Quantum 605 speakers if you write about big speakers like B&W 684.I think this Cambridge Audio 650c is very ok to me.

Hi Luke

Batonwielder is pretty much spot on with the thinking and with choice of kit. I've not heard the brands you've mentioned, but I'll give you an alternative set-up which should do the trick in terms of synergy and over all sound quality.

If you go s/hand or ex-dem you will be able to obtain better quality kit (Proacs aside).

Roksan Kandy LIII with either Arcam CD17 or Roksan's own MKIII CDP. The speakers I would suggest are the Proacs BW mentioned. Or alternatively, look at Monitor Audio's new range. The ideal model would be RX-6.

And allow for some good quality interconnects and speaker cable. Chord Silverscreen speaker cable would be a good starting point and Merlin Mozart interconnects.

Good luck.

A

Anonymous

Thank's a lot plastic penguin. This Roksan is expensive for me but Arcam cd 17 this is what I am looking for.Maybe with Arcam A18 will be very good kit.

Speakers is my nightmare by now ;) Magnat Quantum 605 were very good for me all time but now I think about this MA rx-6 and on the 3rd postion BW 684.

thanks for suggest about the cables :) Have you got some ideas about the tuner?

Luke

RawLuke:

Thank's a lot plastic penguin. This Roksan is expensive for me but Arcam cd 17 this is what I am looking for.Maybe with Arcam A18 will be very good kit.

Speakers is my nightmare by now ;) Magnat Quantum 605 were very good for me all time but now I think about this MA rx-6 and on the 3rd postion BW 684.

thanks for suggest about the cables :) Have you got some ideas about the tuner?

Luke

If Roksan is a no-no, then look at Creek Evo. Very powerful amp and very detailed.....

As regards tuners, if you're after a hybrid FM/DAB then Denon http://whathifi.com/Review/Denon-TU-1800DAB/ would be a good choice. Or any s/hand tuners, like Denon, Marantz or Arcam should fit the bill fine.

TRENDING THREADS