First Hi-Fi Selection...

BringItBroski

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi-Fi Selection...LanguageEnglish
Hi Guys,

In a couple months I'm looking to purchase effectively my first ever Hi-Fi set. I am, however, pretty new to all this and as a result I'm going to need some help choosing each component: D

First of all, the Amplifier/Receiver. I've been looking at the Yamaha RX-V477, the Pioneer VSX-924 (Sale @ Richer Sounds [£140 Off]) and the Pioneer VSX-824. Obviously I know the VSX-924 will be the best but is it worth the extra? Looking to spend maximum of £300 here (ideally £200-£230).

Next, the front speakers. These HAVE to be floorstanders, both for logistical and personal reasons. So I've been looking at the Mission M33i, the Mission MX3 and the Wharfedale Diamond 155 [£150 Off]. Looking to spend £150 - £250 here.

Subwoofer I've pretty much decided on the Wharfedale SW150 unless there are any closely priced alternatives.

Centre I'm not sure on, looking to spend around £100 - £150.

Rears, also not sure, considering the Mission MX1 or closely priced alternative.

Sorry for the long message guys, all replies are appreciated, I just really want to get this right! Used mostly for Music + Films and 5.1 is highly desirable.

Cheers,

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm not familiar with this section of the market, but I would certainly say that the centre speaker should match the front pair if at all possible. It's not quite so important for the surround speakers to match the front three, but still desirable if you can.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts