First foray into surround sound - advice needed

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I've got a small/medium sized lounge with a 40" Bravia on an Atacama Equinox AV rack, Sony Blu Ray and Sky HD, plus an Xbox 360. Audio for all is output on Audioengine A5s on Atacama Nexus speaker stands, to which I also stream tunes from my laptop via Airport Express.

It's a tidy setup and I'm very happy with the Audioengines, but want to enjoy surround sound. Can I integrate my existing speakers into a surround setup by purchasing an amp plus sub/rear/centre speakers only? I'm guessing not as they're active, but thought I'd check as the only other option is to double up on speakers or sell them, both of which I'm reluctant to do as they sound great.

Any feedback welcome.

A

Anonymous

Hi Duke,

I think your own concerns are well founded. If you love the A5s so much why not keep them for music and go for a small sub/sat system such as the Jamo A102HCS5 or the Tannoy SFX combined with an entry level AV receiver such as Onkyo's 308. These make great little movie system and are compact enough to co-exist with your stand mounted loudspeakers.

Good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts