First a vinyl revival, now a cassette comeback..

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
What goes around....

IME, vinyl has never gone out of fashion, always been a constant from day one.

CDs became popular in the early 80s, after seeing that dreadful Tomorrows World programme that claimed you could scratch and even smother it in jam.

View: https://youtu.be/bMp1pSVxoqw
Vinyl never went away for me either.
I feel sure every form of media has it's place still, except perhaps Betamax... :)
I still own cassettes simply because the music recorded on them is not available anywhere else.

Vinyl never went away for me either.
I feel sure every form of media has it's place still, except perhaps Betamax... :)
I still own cassettes simply because the music recorded on them is not available anywhere else.
To be honest Al, after my second cassette deck went kaput, and the hassle of chewed up cassettes, I totally lost faith in the format. After that I was solely reliant on vinyl and FM radio until my CD player came along.

Hugh Jarse

Jan 22, 2022
Visit site
Sony minidisc passed me by, but they always looked fun, and I believe still have a fan base.
An excellent format.
The same capacity as CD, without any noticeable compromise in SQ.

Unlike with CD recording, all recordable discs were (are) also erasable - the editing facilities are accurate and comprehensive and all operations are flawless.

The best failed format ever ☹️

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts