First a 4k fuse now this....

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
If you must put it like that, there was the limited edition Rega Naiad at about £30,000 and, for a bit less their Naia and Planar 10. NB, I pick on Rega for no better reason than I know they favour lightweight design.
Rega are one of the very few with this ideology.
Most others prefer mass above anything else.
That said some of the Vertere decks are not that heavy and rely on acrylic and tech for isolation properties.
Some flyboys insist on trying to sell you an isolation platform as a separate entity which really should have been incorporated into the original turntable design but enables them to get more money out of your bank account.....
Cynical? Me?..... :cool:

Rega are one of the very few with this ideology.
Most others prefer mass above anything else.
That said some of the Vertere decks are not that heavy and rely on acrylic and tech for isolation properties.
Some flyboys insist on trying to sell you an isolation platform as a separate entity which really should have been incorporated into the original turntable design but enables them to get more money out of your bank account.....
Cynical? Me?..... :cool:
I can’t stand perspex myself, feels like a cheap way of trying to make a deck look fancy. Marks too easily, and is a dust magnet, more so than say, glass, as you wipe a perspex surface clean, and in seconds it’s like moths to a flame.

Most decks will have vibration control built in - feet, springs, etc etc. But regardless of how much they do have, an isolation platform always seems to make a difference. An added extra layer for vibration to get lost in.

I can’t stand perspex myself, feels like a cheap way of trying to make a deck look fancy. Marks too easily, and is a dust magnet, more so than say, glass, as you wipe a perspex surface clean, and in seconds it’s like moths to a flame.

Most decks will have vibration control built in - feet, springs, etc etc. But regardless of how much they do have, an isolation platform always seems to make a difference. An added extra layer for vibration to get lost in.
an added layer that would be, and often is truth be told, unnecessary if the deck was well designed in the first instance. :cool:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts