Finally!!

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've secured myself a brand new Technics SL 1210 mk2. After previous disappointments, sellers letting me down, not quite having the funds and missing out I've eventually got one! I know some on here will scoff that they're not proper audiophile quality devices but neither is my current Pro-Ject...

Anyway I felt like celebrating and I doubt the neighbours would appreciate me shouting it out from the rooftops at this late hour! ;-)

K

keeper of the quays

Nice one!...when I got my 78 player everyone laughed at me!

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
just over £600 with free next day delivery (hopefully today) Ex display stock, brand new. Comes complete with new cover (although I have a hand crafted cover from Iconic Audio I'll use) an Ortofon dj pro s stylus (won't be used). All original packaging, manual etc.

As for tonearm, the original will be used but I plan to upgrade down the line as with cartridges. I have a small selection of headshells and cartridges to use, Clear Audio Aurum Beta S, Brand new Nagaoka MP-110, the Ortofon 2m Silver or a Shure M44-7. Thinking about selling my Pro-Ject so the 2M Silver will probably go with that.

I never connected with the Pro-Ject 1 xpression, underwhelmed by it's lack of weight (previously I owned a Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck) but to my ears it sounded fantastic I also really struggled with changing cartridges due to poor eyesight so being able to mount the cartridge to a headshell in hand will be a blessing.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
[/quote]

Excellent! Was it silly money? All the new ones I've seen online seem to have quite 'ambitious' prices.

[/quote]

I agree, I've seen anything from £900 to Thomann.de asking for a staggering £1823 for the exact same SL1210 Mk2!

Anyway going to collect now, so will shortly find out if it's exactly as described

Edit: just to update. Brand spanking new, just as described, very, very happy. Currently got the Clearaudio Aurum Beta S on it and sounds great, rich and warm. The bass seems more pronounced. Obviously early days and perceived improvement may be in my head rather than my ears. Maybe it's just a different sound but the thing is an absolute work of art, looks fantastic with the Iconic Audio dust cover. Postage was inclusive of stated asking price, postage was nearly £54! I think it's an absolute steal...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts