Finally, part two!!!!

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
After finally setting up my Gyro, i've now finally, after seven months of looking, found Meshuggah's 'Obzen' on vinyl.

2 x LP from America, $30 delivered. What's that work out as? £22-ish?

I'm a happy boy, but now i've got to ease up on the spending. I've done £200 on records since Friday
smiley-embarassed.gif

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Wow that's a lot of money on records in 5 days mate :)

I bought 7 albums today for less than a tenner from charity shops......all in excellent condition :)

I ordered that Bonnie Prince Billy album from HMV over three or four weeks ago and ended up cancelling it cos I got sick of waiting :-(

However, did manage to pick up a copy of Alice in Chains self titled album on Ebay for £20.00

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Yeah HMV can be weird. Even the stuff that they say is in stock and will be despatched in 24hrs can take a couple of weeks to arrive.

If you still want the Bonnie Prince Billy (and I hope you do, I think you'll like it) Action records on Amazon marketplace have it for £12. I've used them plenty of times. They're sound and they don't take forever to deliver. Usually two days. HERE'S THE LINK IF YOU WANT IT

The Alice in chains sounds pucker, geez. Miles better than CD. The bass is massive.

I just bought Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik, yesterday. Double LP re-issue. I've got high hopes for it. I'll let you know how it sounds when it arrives.
smiley-smile.gif

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I still want to get a copy of it, so will have a look there and no doubt will order it :)

I love the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, I have most of their stuff on CD and would be interesting how it sounds on vinyl.

So I take it the GyroDec is now set up correctly and running well?

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Jason36 said:
So I take it the GyroDec is now set up correctly and running well?

Yep, after rectifying yet another mistake I made: I didn't realise that the hole in the armboard was offset slightly (to be fair to me though, Michell's completely rubbish instructions didn't make anymention of it).

Once I'd clocked it, it was an easy fix, to loosen the arm, undo the board, spin it to the right position and retighten everything.

Now I know what i'm doing in regards to cart set up and alignment, i'm gonna have another crack at putting the Denon 103 on.

I'm getting really tempted by the Benz Micro MC Gold, though, so I don't think the Denon will be on the 'Dec long. I was considering the more expensive Benz Micro Ace, but it's just had a price hike to just under £600, whereas the Gold is only £240, which I can afford now.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
'Obzen' arrived today. It only took five days to get here from America. Takes longer than that to get an album from HMV
smiley-smile.gif

It looks lovely. 2 x heavyweight, blood red vinyl and a gatefold sleeve. I haven't given 'em a spin yet, though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts