Finally....My new Amp

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Well at last I have just bought a new Amp for my system :dance: I have gone for the Pioneer SC-2022 and what a amp it should be, I have been trawling through reviews forums mags reading up on different amps, but always at the back of my mind the pioneer was the one that kept pulling me, I have always liked pioneer, not sure why but I suppose when you have kept with a make that has served well stick with it, I was going to buy the VSX-1122 and that is a great amp as well, but for the price difference it was a no brainer really, £399.00 2-year warrantee and free next day delivery, from peter tyson, first purchase from them so hope all goes well. I will update my other thread for the lounge tart up when I get the amp, along with the final pictures.... 8)

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Excellent choice! I've been extremely pleased with my receiver (the predecessor to yours), and it does feel so much better when you're paying 40% less than the original RRP.

The control app's very well designed, the Internet radio is fascinating and most importantly the sound is fast, tight and yet lush all at once. It always seems to amaze and yet feels like it's working very comfortably within itself.

i was originally planning to have a separate stereo system for music (the Pioneer replaced my former Cambridge Azur stereo amp) but the Pioneer / Radius synergy is much better than I expected for stereo music, so I've happily scrapped that idea now.

As a tip, I'd encourage you to try out the 'extended stereo' setting for music, but using the balance feature on the AV control app, weight the balance half way towards the front. See what you think. It sounds mesmerising to me...like I've formerly been listening in 2D only. I guess it's rather like many decent car stereos that use a stereo source through multiple speakers.

Hope the balance with your source & speakers works as well for you. I'm sure you'll have many hours of happy listening.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
michael hoy said:
Nice one, Peter Tyson have always served me well in the past.

Likewise, have brought from Peter Tyson a few times and never had any problems (always worth stopping by if your ever taking a holiday in the Lake District, as my girlfriend found out when I casually suggested "why don't we drive into Carlisle for the day?", shortly followed by "oh look, there's hi-fi shop, d'you mind if I just have a quick look?" :)).

Enjoy the amp, am a big fan of the recent pioneer crop.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Like your style mr malarky.... :clap: I am just finishing the final touches now, wiring all sorted and fixed into place, I am amazed at how many wires I have already, and I only have the Tv and Sky HD connected at the moment, then add speaker cables ethernet, phone line, HDMI, mains cables, it all adds up,so hopefully all will look good when done... 8)

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
pioneer7 said:
Like your style mr malarky.... :clap: I am just finishing the final touches now, wiring all sorted and fixed into place, I am amazed at how many wires I have already, and I only have the Tv and Sky HD connected at the moment, then add speaker cables ethernet, phone line, HDMI, mains cables, it all adds up,so hopefully all will look good when done... 8)

Let us know when it's all set up, would love to know how it all sounds when up & running?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts