Filmmaker Mode best avoided

flaggalagga

Aug 17, 2020
Visit site
In What Hifi's LG OLED65CX review. Its written :

"LG’s 2020 OLEDs were also the first to integrate Filmmaker Mode. This is a UHD Alliance-approved picture preset that’s supposed to deliver the picture precisely as intended. However, it isn’t metadata-led or tailored to the specific content being played and results in a dull picture that is best avoided."

So my question is. What should I use to get the best and most accurate picture ?

D

Deleted member 2457

"LG’s 2020 OLEDs were also the first to integrate Filmmaker Mode. This is a UHD Alliance-approved picture preset that’s supposed to deliver the picture precisely as intended. However, it isn’t metadata-led or tailored to the specific content being played and results in a dull picture that is best avoided."

So my question is. What should I use to get the best and most accurate picture ?
WHF used to recommend standard picture setting for LG OLED TVs and I agree with this. It’s what we have always used too.

Reactions: flaggalagga
D

Deleted member 2457

Just to add WHF also always recommend you use a calibration disc too but if you don’t have one then they have recommended the standard setting in the past in their LG OLED reviews.

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

Tweak the Oled light to your preference. I get tremendous results with the Filmaker Mode. The upscaling on the CX is stunning, just finished watching John Wick 3 on Netflix via Filmaker mode.. I find ISF expert the best choice for TV shows and YouTube , dark mode is very accurate and you can't go wrong with either ISF mode to be honest with you

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts