Fiio X3K + E17K

hacctu14101

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys !
I want to buy a Fiio X3k and a Fiio E17K but cant choose a suitable headphone for them. I want a on ear or over ear, beautiful and all genres headphone.
Thks in advance.

hacctu14101 said:
Hi guys ! I want to buy a Fiio X3k and a Fiio E17K but cant choose a suitable headphone for them. I want a on ear or over ear, beautiful and all genres headphone. Thks in advance.

And how much do you want to spend on the headphones?

Also the X3 can drive most headphones adequately why do you need the E17?

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
hacctu14101 said:
I want <150$. So can E17K improve a lot or just a little bit ? I also think about the X1 cause it lot cheaper and confuse if the X1 need a amp or not. Ps:i m newbie

The E17k is a nice amp, but it won't improve the headphone. Depending on your source, you may get the maximum benefit by investing your money in a good headphone. For example, I just got the Philips X2 from Massdrop for $200 USD, and it's a great headphone - awesome even.

K

keeper of the quays

dalethorn said:
hacctu14101 said:
I want <150$. So can E17K improve a lot or just a little bit ? I also think about the X1 cause it lot cheaper and confuse if the X1 need a amp or not. Ps:i m newbie

The E17k is a nice amp, but it won't improve the headphone.  Depending on your source, you may get the maximum benefit by investing your money in a good headphone.  For example, I just got the Philips X2 from Massdrop for $200 USD, and it's a great headphone - awesome even.
hi dale, whats your opinion on akg550? Any good? £120 now, over here in blighty...

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
keeper of the quays said:
dalethorn said:
hacctu14101 said:

The E17k is a nice amp, but it won't improve the headphone. Depending on your source, you may get the maximum benefit by investing your money in a good headphone. For example, I just got the Philips X2 from Massdrop for $200 USD, and it's a great headphone - awesome even.
hi dale, whats your opinion on akg550? Any good? £120 now, over here in blighty...

I got the 553 from Massdrop - an excellent headphone. Headfonia had a review and lots of comments on the 550, and they may be very similar or same - don't know. But the 550 is probably as good, so check both places if you can, for the reviews.

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
dalethorn said:
hacctu14101 said:
Tho the akgs a little bit big to me. Does sennheiser have any good headphones ?

Momentum is good. Momentum On-Ear not good.

are you able to elaborate a little - i bought my wife some on ear momentums at a really good price (not yet received) - she wanted the comfort factor and unlike me isnt going to complain about the sound comparions. i am still searching for a closed back set and am considering momentums but wondered where the over ear beat the on ear. Personally i would probably get the over ear anyway but its worth knowing the differences. I also need to decide between a cheaper version 1 or pay full cost for version 2.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
crusaderlord said:
dalethorn said:
hacctu14101 said:
Tho the akgs a little bit big to me. Does sennheiser have any good headphones ?

Momentum is good. Momentum On-Ear not good.

are you able to elaborate a little - i bought my wife some on ear momentums at a really good price (not yet received) - she wanted the comfort factor and unlike me isnt going to complain about the sound comparions. i am still searching for a closed back set and am considering momentums but wondered where the over ear beat the on ear. Personally i would probably get the over ear anyway but its worth knowing the differences. I also need to decide between a cheaper version 1 or pay full cost for version 2.

Here's my EQ test curve of the Momentum on-ear. I spent time on this, so I feel it's pretty accurate (same as a response curve, but upside down). The main problem is the peak at 1.5 khz followed by the recess at 4 khz - that's what gives it the odd sound, and likely will contribute to listener fatigue.

http://dalethorn.com/Photos/Audioforge/Sennheiser_Moe.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts