figure of 8 mains cable

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
idc:
jase fox:........its not so much better but just different, or is it better? mmmm?.......

Jase, sometimes this is like being asked to describe a smell or taste! Does it make you foot tap more? Do you get spine tingles more frequently? Does the music as a whole have more of a lift to it? Have you got any tester tracks you can say, 'that has a clearer treble'? Does it sound more realistic?
Well to me idc the Reference powerkord sounds more natural, vocals seem clearer & on movies i can hear more background detail & bass is so much more tight during explosions. Im wandering if it has something to do with the DCT treatment theres a quote here from RA Connected mag "Ive not come across a better way to improve a cables performance than DCT, and comparing a cable that has been Cryo,d with one that hasnt is a revelation"

So really unless i can sample one that hasnt been treated well never know.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
aliEnRIK:jase fox:aliEnRIK:
hey up Jase

Hows that TM3 cable come along?

Now then Rik, hows it going?

Right the TM3 !! Id say by now its fully burnt in as its been around 5 to 6 mths & the sound had become "very" noticably better as like you say silver seems to take alot longer before changes do become noticable. Also the Reference should have already peaked, now even though the TM3 produces a great sound & great value for money i do prefer the sound of the Reference, its not so much better but just different, or is it better? mmmm? Well, theres something i just prefer?

Now for the twist? My mate who had the Reference didnt share my enthusiasm with it (on his own system that is) as he says he couldnt tell the difference between that & the classic powerkord, so it just goes to show that we only hear what we want. As ive just been recently talking to wireman about the fact id like to try an untreated kord to see what differences are as id love to know what DCT treatment actually adds to the performance.

Ive been pretty ill this last few days but im feeling a lot better now (Not right mind)

Can you define the differences to your ears? Im just kinda intrigued as ive never heard the russ andrews one (I do have a classic, but the TM3 blows that away to my mind)

Glad your feeling better now mate, wasnt swine flu was it?

And yes i agree with you Rik, the TM3 is better than the classic by far & as for the differences to my ears is what ive just said to idc really (youve prob already read it)

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
jase fox:idc:
jase fox:........its not so much better but just different, or is it better? mmmm?.......

Jase, sometimes this is like being asked to describe a smell or taste! Does it make you foot tap more? Do you get spine tingles more frequently? Does the music as a whole have more of a lift to it? Have you got any tester tracks you can say, 'that has a clearer treble'? Does it sound more realistic?

Well to me idc the Reference powerkord sounds more natural, vocals seem clearer & on movies i can hear more background detail & bass is so much more tight during explosions. Im wandering if it has something to do with the DCT treatment theres a quote here from RA Connected mag "Ive not come across a better way to improve a cables performance than DCT, and comparing a cable that has been Cryo,d with one that hasnt is a revelation"

So really unless i can sample one that hasnt been treated well never know.

Hell ~ I might have to get one to see what the difference is like on my system

A

Anonymous

send it to me ill chuck it in the freezer for a week

no charge unless you hear a difference

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
one off:
send it to me ill chuck it in the freezer for a week

no charge unless you hear a difference

You have a freezer that goes down to -200 degrees centigrade?? Ill give you mine, I PROMISE you it wont sound any different though
emotion-5.gif

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
idc:Is there anywhere you could get one of your existing cables treated?
There're a couple of places I've heard of - Frozen Solid Audio outside Cambridge, and Cryogenic Treatment Services around Nottingham way - I believe both have a history of DCT treating AV/Hi-fi cables or anything else you may want to try... discs, players etc.

So where's Gander gone... we want to know if he managed to sort out the problems with his DVD player, and of course, to know how his new Russ Andrew Powerkord-8's sound, don't we?

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I also believe RA can treat your powerkords for you, just send em to them, i think its £25 a kord?

I definately read it in one of there catalogues. And yes wireman id like to know how Gander got on with his Powerkord-8?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I think youll be right about the DCT jase. I saw a website a while back (Cant recall which) which showed a cable treated and untreated at a VERY small level. The difference was clear as day. Its like all the stress has gone from the cable and so the electricity can 'flow' much more easily. If I can pay to get mine done I might just do so (Though ther way I read it RA only allow DCT of their OWN chords?)

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
aliEnRIK: (Though ther way I read it RA only allow DCT of their OWN chords?)
I stand corrected Rik. ive just had a browse & your right, it is just "there" cables etc

Yes i agree Rik, that the DCT treatment is counting for alot id say, id love to know how the TM3 would sound treated? All my other RA kords i must say im tempted to get them treated. Ill just tell the other half there a fiver a pop to have em done ha

A

Anonymous

Ive not noticed any difference with either the virgin box or blu ray player to be honest. I have an S760 turning up tomorrow so i will test it with that. I will let them burn in over the 60 day period and see what happens but at the moment they are gonna be on their way back to RA.......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts