shadders

Diamond Joe said:
This spam invasion has gone beyond a joke now.
Hi

Do What Hifi know whether this is a web based spam issue, or do they have direct access to the database, and are injecting posts into the database?

The text which is western indicates that they are involved in education, as per previous posts, this time it is US, last time is was Australia.

Regards,

Shadders.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
nopiano said:
Mods need to get onto this asap! Amazed it can get through when I think of what I've had blocked - now resolved!
Agree with this. Spammers posting Chinese subject headers get through seeingly without problem but people posting simple replies to threads have to be put on an approved list otherwise they fall foul of the spam filter. It's a joke.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
The spam fairies mounted quite an attack today was it the worst we've seen? I just hope it was the valiant WHF IT gurus that thwarted them and they didn't just go to bed only to raise their ugly heads after a good nights sleep!

chebby said:
I emailed WHF this morning but they haven't replied or done anything here.

I think the forum is not really on their radar anymore.

You might be right, there's still a lot of those posts visible. Surely it cannot be too difficult to set up a filter for anything that comes in in a non English font. Or is it?

shadders

Hi,

Despite these glitches, I think the site is very good. It is manufacturer agnostic, and trade agnostic too.

If you examine other forums, quite a few are related to manufacturers or trade businesses.

Regards,

Shadders.

insider9

The forum is clearly an unwanted bi product of the website. I don't know many companies who would allow so many unhappy customers to voice their opinions without reply. Even RS comes on here to intervene more often than WHF.

I have cancelled my subscription yesterday and I wish I said it was to do with how forum is treated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts