Felt mat & 180g pressings

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi

When I play 180g pressing on my Debut 3 the felt mat sticks to the underside of the disk as I remove it from the platter.

This happens even if I've freshly put the disc through the knosti (or not). It only happens with my 180g pressings.

Do I need to change the mat - or is there someting else I could do?

Thanks

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Good old static, I've changed to a modern rubber mat (there are other alternatives) and never looked back. It does help to use quality anti-static sleeves like Mobile Fidelity, etc.

A

Anonymous

Also try cork, as in a table mat cut to size. Note that the mat can have a fair influence on the sound.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I should say that when I say rubber I actually mean sorbothane or similar material
emotion-5.gif

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Tarquinh:Also try cork, as in a table mat cut to size. Note that the mat can have a fair influence on the sound.

My wife will wonder where the place mats have disappeared to.
emotion-2.gif

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
mitch65:
Tarquinh:Also try cork, as in a table mat cut to size. Note that the mat can have a fair influence on the sound.

My wife will wonder where the place mats have disappeared to.
emotion-2.gif

Now where did my wife put those new ones?...
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

NB Just as a warning, I bought one of the skimpy Project cork mats - granted it was cheap - but its just as bad as the felt mats, constantly coming away with the lp - so I tend to agree with the guys advocating sorbthane or if you want cork, go with home made table mat vandalism . . .

Simon

A

Anonymous

Works fine for me, but then I only have a couple of 180g pressings. The difference in sound, however, is noticeable in that the bass is cleaner and the sound a bit fuller.

A

Anonymous

i recently upgraded the metal platter & felt mat to the acrylic platter supplied normally with the debut esprit , really good upgrade & no mat needed !! . also it is exactly the same size as 12" lp , no overhang . £90.00 though !!

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi BobbyBoy

Thanks for that - I was wondering how much cash I'd get for my birthday (the other day). As I got enough to follow your example - that's what I'll be doing - Thanks mate

In fact thanks to all who posted sugesstions!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts