February 2012 Edition Online yet?

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I saw the news that the Feb 2012 edition is now available online, but so far has not appeared in my Zinio ipad app.

Do I have a problem, or is the new edition actually not yet available via Zinio?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
We're in the hands of Zinio on this one, people – apart from ensuring we supply the file on time, and making sure they're aware of our on-sale date, we have no control over when they choose to put the issue 'live'.

Apologies, and bear with us/them.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Funny how the paper version seems to get to thousands of shop shelves - throughout the length and breadth of the country - via printers, distribution, warehouses, the post, couriers, shop staff etc. etc. in all weathers more reliably and more punctually than some computer bod putting the e version on a website.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
chebby said:
Funny how the paper version seems to get to thousands of shop shelves - throughout the length and breadth of the country - via printers, distribution, warehouses, the post, couriers, shop staff etc. etc. in all weathers more reliably and more punctually than some computer bod putting the e version on a website.

Not sure how it's funny, but it helps that we have much more control over the distribution of the physical magazine than we do the electronic version, which is distributed by an entirely third-party company.

It's not ideal, and as The Artist Formerly Known As Boss made clear on these forums on several occasions, we are continually looking at the electronic distribution platform, and may well make some additions/changes in the fulness of time.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
chebby said:
Funny odd rather than funny humorous.

No, not that either: after all, as a company we've had some time to learn how to get magazines out on time – well over half a century, in fact – whereas digital magazines are a learning curve of ever-changing radius...

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I've tried the Zinio distributed version for nine months now, but I'll be reverting back to the paper and ink variety when my subscription ends.

The paper copy is a far more satisfying/enjoyable read, I can eat my breafast at the same time, and I don't have to zoom into every page to be able to read it.

The content is always great though, I hasten add.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
chebby said:
Funny odd rather than funny humorous.

No, not that either: after all, as a company we've had some time to learn how to get magazines out on time – well over half a century, in fact – whereas digital magazines are a learning curve of ever-changing radius...

Either way and "third party" caveat notwithstanding, it's very disappointing that the digital edition is delayed once again.

EDIT: yay, it's arrived!!

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Bingo! That's my afternoon sorted :)

Some necessary work required at my office on the ipad - I could be quite a while. Perhaps the iPad version has one advantage - no-one else knows what yer' reading:)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson said:
it's very disappointing that the digital edition is delayed once again.

EDIT: yay, it's arrived!!

So not delayed at all, then – day and date with print magazine, and available globally without the postal delays/costs of overseas subscriptions.

A

Anonymous

Is the print version supposed to be in Ireland by now? I haven't seen it yet in my usual place.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts