Favourite voices?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

robdmarsh

Never heard any of his music, ever. Always presumed it’d be either really cheesy or really odd :)
Cheesy, no way. Odd, most definitely: there's a kind of English bucolic vision running through the lyrics and there's quite a lot of sound recordings from nature as well, bird calls etc. Very unpop star stuff but I think he's intriguing.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Alexander Armstrong (who hosts Classical Radio) is our favourite voice to criticise as he is sounding more hyper day by day. He seems incapable to say a sentence without exaggerated pronouncements in beginning of words; my wife and I are convinced he must be taking something to make him so hyper mania (maybe a line or two of cocaine each morning...) When a different presenter takes over on Classical FM its such a relief to hear a normal voice talking normally without stressed pronunciations... :)

Gray

I have to add that for the opposite end of the spectrum, the most horrible speaking voices I have heard in ages belong to the two who do the Beeb's Commonwealth gymnastics coverage. 'Ugly' gets nowhere near covering it...
I haven't heard them, but no doubt it's about being seen to be more 'inclusive'.
The deliberate choice of continuity announcers that sound 'more representative of the audience' is just annoying to me.
(For ugly, you should hear me....but I wouldn' t expect a job on telly - no need for any political correctness as far as I'm concerned).

The writers of Friends are now apologising for how they referred to Chandler's (fictional) gay dad FFS!
It's pathetic.

Friesiansam

Joanna Lumley, no ifs, no buts.

Richard Burton, narrating War of the Worlds.

As for Matt Berry, didn’t know he was musical. Familiar as I am with House of Fools, Toast and Year of the Rabbit, if his music is not a bit odd, something is wrong!

Reactions: WayneKerr

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what the op meant by not singers as all they listed were singers. Anyway that confusing opening line by the op aside I would go with Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr for males and Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald and Nina Simone for females

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts