Favourite voices?

Not singers, as that may sway it in terms of songwriting, attitudes etc.

For female it could have been Liz Fraser, Skin, Carole King - but I'll settle on Siouxsie Sioux - rich, sensual, powerful but not overblown.

For male, it could have been Nick Cave, Frank Black, Bowie and many others, but for voice alone I'm plumping for Ray Charles - rich, emotive, varied.

And you?

WayneKerr

Not singers, as that may sway it in terms of songwriting, attitudes etc.

For female it could have been Liz Fraser, Skin, Carole King - but I'll settle on Siouxsie Sioux - rich, sensual, powerful but not overblown.

For male, it could have been Nick Cave, Frank Black, Bowie and many others, but for voice alone I'm plumping for Ray Charles - rich, emotive, varied.

And you?
Aren't these all singers?

Gray

My local library was chucking out CDs, free to takers. One of the untaken ones was Jeff Buckley....so I had to take it.
I think I need to re-listen 🤔because the cult status of the man suggests that I'm missing something so far.

Gray

The most distinctive voice on radio and TV was Bill Mitchell. Did the Denim TV advert.
And those of a certain age in and around London can't forget Capital Radio's voice-only repeated jingle, "Allthehitsallthehitsallthehits....."

robdmarsh

James Mason - glorious voice!

And Matt Berry when he does his thing.

And Jenny Agutter in American Werewolf In London. Keeps saying my name… :)
Matt Berry as an actor or singer/song writer?
I'm actually very fond of his music. Quite unique song writer and doesn't really sound like anyone else, though genre wise it could be described as kind of pych - folk, like the Incredible String Band. Witchazel and Kill the wolf are both very interesting albums.

Matt Berry as an actor or singer/song writer?
I'm actually very fond of his music. Quite unique song writer and doesn't really sound like anyone else, though genre wise it could be described as kind of pych - folk, like the Incredible String Band. Witchazel and Kill the wolf are both very interesting albums.
Never heard any of his music, ever. Always presumed it’d be either really cheesy or really odd :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts