Faulty Channel on hi-fi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Okay Okay, maybe I shouldn't have bought a 25 year old amp for £40 and thought it will be fine, but for a month this amp has had no problems and just now, the left channel is only vaguly audible. WAIT! Now it has come back on when I tapped it on the top! It's not faulty connections...I've tried it with my pc and with the Arcam CD player both in different source inputs....with headphones and with my speakers? Anybody have an idea? Or shall I just keep on tapping the top? Lol

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
open it up and spray a small amount of wd 40 on the volume switch.if you feel switch cleaner is a safer option try that but wd 40 is perfectly safe.

A

Anonymous

WD40 in my baby? Poor girl! I've just done it and hey, it seems to have solved the problem - I also did the balance control and SEA controls at the same time - it seems to have made them alot smoother as the 63HZ one always stuck. Thanks for the help!

-And by the way, it's incredibly dusty inside; when it's on it really smells dusty and old, It literally has a 5mm layer of dust over everything! I don't want to clean it, I might end up making it overheat...what would too much dust do? Does it effect the sound quality?

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
i have a jvc s200-l and cleaned out the dust with one of those air sprays and the seas controls and volume and balance controls with wd 40,can't say it sounds any better but it's nice to know is's clean and the controls all work smoothly.it's a lovely beast and when i feel better,(the deaded virus) i will hook it up with my lp12 and see if it gives the audiolab a run for it's money.i'm glad it worked but i would clean it out it wont hurt it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts