Fastest sub on the market.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys!
Whats the fastest sub on the market? Not concerned with room shaking antics just speed. 1ST Money no object 2nd budget of around 500.

Im looking to experiment again with a sub but past experiences have not been great as subs were too slow. I did however, use not particularly amazing subs so maybe there is a sub out their fast enough for me? I have been looking at eclipses own sub but defo cant afford that at the moment. Cheers!

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
No product suggestions from me but generally a smaller driver is faster than the big ones. In my days of car stereo abuse I always favoured a 10 inch over 12 or 15.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

B&W PV1 is supposed to be good, about £900 ish.

They also do the ASW 610 at £400, and an ASW 610XP at about £700 ish

personally I would try and get a demo of them.

At the moment I have the Q acoustics 1000 something or other - slow and not too powerfull either, so don't go for that one.

Hope that helps.

Dan.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
I had the tannoy T500 (i think). Basically the more complex more powerful predecessor to the ts - still part of their flagship cinema package. No good for music.

A

Anonymous

Fastest sub on the market...I think that it has gotta be the Wilson Benesch Torus.
Also try the Eclipse TD 725SW as it would probably have been used with your speakers in development. I have heard a Quad multi channel system as well, very cohesive sound option for decent money...

Good Luck.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If you bring Dominoes Pizza, you can come round and listen to my PV1.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I have a BK xls200 which is a 10inch driver in a sealed enclosure just under a square foot. I think its pretty fast and I listen to all kinds of music.

A

Anonymous

Acoustic Energy do a Sealed box design Sub to go with their AE22 studio monitors ( and Pro-sat surround system) that's very quick .... dual hard anodised aluminium cone drivers, 200W , switchable 70 or 100 Hz crossover point ....

i've just taken delivery of a pair of them to trial with our AE22 near-field monitors to bring the level up to more of a mid-field "room filling" territory....

initial impressions of the results are very good, although accurate set up is a little fiddlier than it could be (the gain trim is not marked at unity, or calibrated anywhere beyond it's -30 and +6 dB end stops. )

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
SHAXOS:Hey guys!
Whats the fastest sub on the market? Not concerned with room shaking antics just speed. 1ST Money no object 2nd budget of around 500.

Im looking to experiment again with a sub but past experiences have not been great as subs were too slow. I did however, use not particularly amazing subs so maybe there is a sub out their fast enough for me? I have been looking at eclipses own sub but defo cant afford that at the moment. Cheers!

Owen used to be quick. :)

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Cheers guys for the suggestions! Gerrard id love to see you run the 100 meters against Owen even now. Might redefine "quick" for you! ;)

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
SHAXOS:Cheers guys for the suggestions! Gerrard id love to see you run the 100 meters against Owen even now. Might redefine "quick" for you! ;)

I was at Selhurst Park to see him on his debut at 17. He was lightning then. Not anymore. I risk a nightmare scenario, considering we are having a nightmare at the moment and we play you on Sunday, but he is average at best nowadays. His pace was his underlying strength and his best attribute these days is his link up play. Should be a cracker on Sunday.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts