external hard drive

b75

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
hi there i was looking to invest in a external hard drive as the memory on my comp is full due to music and pictures. was wondering if anybody new any good ones or good deals on them. i dunno if they are pretty standard or some are better than others but any help would be greatly appreciated . i am looking at prob 1tb in memory. cheers

A

Anonymous

I got a 500gb version of this last week as it came with a 5 year warranty. http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/seagate-freeagent-desk-external-hard-drive-1tb-silver-02417969-pdt.html If you look at the 500gb and 1.5tb versions they show them as having a 5 year warranty even though this one is not showing it in the description. I would assume that it also has a 5 year warrenty.

A

Anonymous

I'd suspect that most HDs of the normal brands are ok. They can differ in the noise they produce (clicking head moves, spinning disks, fan if present) which could an important consideration. Also think about the interface: is USB enough, or is eSata useful? Or even network RJ so that you can use it connected to a router? Comes at a price though.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
b75:hi there i was looking to invest in a external hard drive as the memory on my comp is full due to music and pictures. was wondering if anybody new any good ones or good deals on them. i dunno if they are pretty standard or some are better than others but any help would be greatly appreciated . i am looking at prob 1tb in memory. cheers

Check out the Samsung Story - I have a 1.5TB one and it's great - on/off switch at the front and a dimmer for the flashing light.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:b75:hi there i was looking to invest in a external hard drive as the memory on my comp is full due to music and pictures. was wondering if anybody new any good ones or good deals on them. i dunno if they are pretty standard or some are better than others but any help would be greatly appreciated . i am looking at prob 1tb in memory. cheers

Check out the Samsung Story - I have a 1.5TB one and it's great - on/off switch at the front and a dimmer for the flashing light.
Yeah, me too.

TRENDING THREADS