External hard drive for Samsung es8000 help please

eremis666666

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hope someone can help with this, recently bought the Samsung 46 es8000, what I need to know is what external hard drive will work with this TV, at the moment it's just for recording from the TV I want it for, also when I find one am I only able to record the channel I'm watching or can I record one channel and watch another and lastly will it still record programmes when the TV is off? Any help would be great thanks. Ps don't want to spend more than about £70

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
According to the specifications you can record to an external HDD.

It should tell you in the manual what the size of the drive requirements are, on my Sony it has to be a minimum of 32GB.

That being equal i plugged in a 500GB portable HDD to mine that i pre-formatted to FAT32 & then registered it with the TV & can only record the channel i am watching or if the tv is on standby set it up to record a channel on timer.

I do have a Samsung TV in the bedroom that plays from another HDD / pendrive, unfortunatly it does not record. so the answer to your question is as Bigboss above says about the 2 tuners.

eremis666666

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info, shame you can't tape one watch one. Been doing a bit of reading and it will take up to 1TB why that's the limit I don't know! Can you explain the fat32 I've heard of it but no idea what it's all about. Usually with sticks you just pop them in and select format and its done! I take I can buy any external hard drive?

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Fat32 is a type of formatting that you can achieve by plugging th HD into a computer to format it.

FWIW F.A.T stands for File Allocation Table and the cluster size on the disk for FAT32 is 4kb .

Windows also does or did do a FAT16 and just to complicate matters even more there is also NTFS available.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts