Expert Advice Required to Up grade old Sony system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, after 27 years I have decided to upgrade, if I can my old Sony system. I did have a cheapish JVC system that went belly up recently but not before it swallowed the 3 cd inside. What I would like to do if possible is to use what I have of the Sony System and integrate a CD player into it. I have the following Sony PS-LX2 turntable (very good) TA AX2 amp (also very good) ST JX2L Tuner (also working well) all running a pair of Wharfdale Laser 80 Speakers (state of the art when purchased). Any body know a good CD player that I can integrate with the system?

I would also like to be able to transfer my vinyl to CD using the Sony amp and turntable, any ideas?

Please don't point me down the road of iPods and docking stations!

Joe

matthewpiano

Obvious suggestion would be to look at picking up a Sony RCD-W100 CD recorder. These have been available in black and silver finishes and are a pretty decent unit both as a CD player and as a recorder. You should be able to pick one up fairly cheaply.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for very prompt reply.

Excuse my stupidity but would this be played thro the Sony amp I have and would it record the vinyl as its played on the turntable?

Thanks

Joe

matthewpiano

Your Sony amp should have a spare tape input/output. Basically one pair of interconnects should run from the tape OUT (sometimes labelled REC) on the amp to the IN terminals on the recorder, and another should run from the tape IN (sometimes PLAY) on the amp to the OUT terminals on the recorder. Then you can record any source that is selected through your amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts