Expensive Turntables - is there a difference?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I was wondering if one can hear a clear difference between similarly priced (but expensive) turntables such as the William Benesch Full Circle analog and the Nottingham Analog Studio-Space 294? I listen to a lot of records and have a decent but significantly lower priced turntable, but I was wondering how good a person's ears can get to hear the difference between two expensive turntables.

A

Anonymous

Hi,You don't need good ears to easily hear the difference a good turntable makes,it's obvious and well worth it.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
all budgets of hi fi sound different of similar components but turntables are i admit very different the higher up you go.i cant comment on cd players as i have not heard many high end makes,i own an original mf xray and have been more than happy with that.these are my thoughts on the turntables i have owned or heard over the years.roksan xerses,my wifes favourite,michell gyrodeck se,smooth fluid sound inky black silence on surface noise,notts analogue hyperspace look great sound great,pink triangle look great sound great but so so reliability,wilson benesch full circle almost cd like in presentation but with lovely bass,townsend rock,a deck that should have took the world by storm quite simply stunning,linn lp12 for me personally i saved the best till last,there are a lot of linn bashers out there for whatever reason but the linn colours in the picture it has the most musical bass i have heard it deals with all types of music faithfully and it truly is a foot tapping experience.all the decks listed i think most people would be happy to own and there are thankfully more makes coming out it seems every week with the likes of clearaudio,project,origin live,bluenote and its nice to see thorens back on the scene.there are of course lesser decks that sound great the ar eb101 is one of the best decks i have heard and not forgetting the regas.if your in the market for a high end deck you are in for a grin inducing time.no other demos have given me more fun.all the best,gregory.

A

Anonymous

What does everyone think of my elderly Philips GA212 with Shure M97HE cartridge?

It sounds great to me.

A

Anonymous

The Shure is a nice cart,the V15 is even better,I'm not a Linn man myself,but they can sound good,I do like Dynavector cartridges aswell.

TRENDING THREADS