Evening all....

hew1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello to you all,

I am a complete newbie to forums so a steep learning curve :help:

I have been putting together a hifi system for the last 3 mths with many visits to this great site and have picked up some excellent advice.

My system is : Roksan Caspian M1 cdp,Pearl lite amp,Monitor Audio GX100's,Partington Broadside stands(unfilled at the moment),Atlas Element Integra connects and AudioQuest FLX-SLiP 14/4 speaker cable.My system is set up in my bedroom which is about 5x4 metres,carpet on concrete floor with a speaker in each far corner placed about 50cm from the rear wall.I have experimented a lot with speaker position,toe in etc but my choices are quite limited(speakers have slight toe in at present).

Yesterday I had a play with coupling and decoupling my speakers(what a minefield that subject is :) ) I have been blown away by how much better my speakers sounded decoupled(at least I think its decoupled..) ie placed on a piece of polystyrene when compared to coupled(!!!!) ie stuck down with blu tac,I especially noticed much tighter and more defined bass along with a generally clearer sound,had my other half have a listen and she agreed so gota be true ;)

While I am happy with my system I cant help but feel something is missing,(sound not as sharp(for want of a better word) as it could be and bass not as tight).I have been toying with the idea of bi amping the GX100's with my Pearl Lite powering HF and a Marantz MM7025 handling the lower end,does anyone know if they are compatible as I'm new to all this,my understanding is the gain must be the same,is that right....

Any other suggestions would be much appriciated,I have about £1000 to spend on a power amp,would rather keep the Pearl Lite as liking the tone controls..(oh,and will the tone controls still work with a power amp connected)

Many thanks in advance.... :)

hew1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi again,

been thinking today that maybe might be better to get a good power amp and use it to power the speakers and use the pearl lite as a pre-amp only,would the pearl's pre amp be considered as good...?

Any info much appriciated...cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts