Even more upgrade help!

• Thread starter Deleted member 160668
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 160668

Hi you all helpful peeps!

You've all been very helpful so far on my rapid box upgrade path. Now looking to further improve setup!

Current setup:

Linn Classik to Linn LK140, PMC DB1+ speakers, Arcam rBlink Bluetooth (for Spotify), connected by Linn Black connects and Linn K20 wire. Also just purchased a Russ Andrews Yellow power cable to see if that makes any odds - I know that's a bone of contention on here, but it was really cheap so worth a go. If it makes no odds will easily get money back.

I listen to all types of music, primarily via Spotify, then top up my extensive cd collection when I like something.

Next upgrade suggestions (I've got the bug!!)?

Im thinking preamp and CD player and lose the Classik?

Or upgrade the power amp?

Thoughts are maybe a Linn Klout or 2250 (not sure which is best and priced the same), also thinking of maybe a Linn Ikemi as CD transport, unsure of best Pre amp options.

I am fortunate to have a bonus coming so could drop another £1500 or so plus sale value of swapped out elements.

Does not have to be Linn, although I am very impressed by their kit. Speakers are not being changed.

What should I be looking at, or what suggestions do you knowledgable lot have?

Thanks in advance!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
If you have the budget, my advice is to sell everything but the speakers and get a Linn Magik DSM. This may seem drastic and would need a good demo, but would leave you a very versatile and great sounding system.

IMO. The MDSM is the best "sound per pound" piece of kit that Linn produce..but you would need to hear your speakers on the end of it. They can be got ex-dem for a decent saving on new....your Linn dealer will be happy to go through your options with you.

marou

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Although the Linn Majik is good I think having owned one it's overpriced. You could do better ripping your CDs to an Innuos Zen music server (or equivalent) and accessing music via the inbuilt Logitech player into a dac such as the M2Tech HiFace or Audioquest Dragonfly and then a usb amp - Quad Vena is well-reviewed but I've found the substantially cheaper Topping VX1 an excellent performer - which gives you scope to upgrade with ease if you wish - I don't think you'll need to.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts