Even I have my limits.......

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
CnoEvil said:
In short, very much so, but.....

- Sometimes the difference is imaginary

- Sometimes it's real

- Sometimes different people pick up on subtitles that are missed by others.

- Sometimes, one person's "day and night" is another's, "marginal at best".

- Sometimes people say they hear a difference (or get talked into hearing one) because of peer pressure

Good points.

But what if your wife/girlfriend happened to walk into the room and also heard the difference?

Surely unequivocal proof.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
MakkaPakka said:
steve_1979 said:
CnoEvil said:

- Sometimes it's real

- Sometimes people say they hear a difference (or get talked into hearing one) because of peer pressure

Good points.

But what if your wife/girlfriend happened to walk into the room and also heard the difference?

No, she's locked in the man cave.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
MakkaPakka said:
steve_1979 said:
CnoEvil said:

- Sometimes it's real

Good points.

I try to keep Mrs Cno out, especially when I'm up to something, as she always seems to know :shifty: .....it's a gift that the female of the species seems to have, especially if they've been married to you for a quarter of a century.......either that, or it's the measuring tape that gives it away. :doh:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
No, she's locked in the man cave.

Some chance!......not even Majik Pebbles bought from Linn could achieve that.
evil.png

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:
For example, I plan to use a Sonos based system next time I buy a 'proper' system, a while ago I heard a (in deeply flawed, sighted dem) a standard Connect against a Cullen/W4S modified version.

At the time I thought the modded version sound 'cleaner' and less 'hazy', clearly superior and this impression has stayed with me. When I buy the system I shall buy the modded version for my main system without a moments thought, once again purely for peace of mind.

I agree about the superiority of the modded Sonos boxes. I did an informal blind comparison and came to the same conclusion as you.

That was the Fidelity Audio mod. I now also have I have the W4S version. The former has a superior (outboard) power supply, but is a bit more expensive. Once my Dev is up and running I plan to compare the two modded versions side by side.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts