Even I have my limits.......

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
What is it about these that mean you are not open minded? Surely you need to use them and listen to make a decision? Even if they didn't work for you, surely they may be system / room dependent?

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Quote from the link, "...even your experience playing online fantasy games will become a mind blowing auditory experience."

SOLD!!!!!!!!.......not.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
LOL - that's hilarious Cnoevil. I'll have to get myself down to Chesil beach for a few pre-sorted pebbles of varying sizes to put in various places round my listening room for a game of Treasure Hunt.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
What is it about these that mean you are not open minded? Surely you need to use them and listen to make a decision? Even if they didn't work for you, surely they may be system / room dependent?

Why not get some and let me know how it goes........I'll be breathless with anticipation.

CnoEvil said:
BenLaw said:

Why not get some and let me know how it goes........I'll be breathless with anticipation.

My daughter has some beach pebbles. I'll give'em a go.. Far cheaper.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
They have missed a market niche.

You could go to the beach, collect a bucket of sand (sorry I should have described it as nano-pebbles), and use it to fill loudspeaker stands.

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Then He Kissed me, He's A Rebel, etc. I think they were strictly into fellas
smiley-cool.gif

scene

Surely the entire website is a wind up. It's got to be. Have you looked at the rest of it? I'm still laughing at the Quantum Temple Bell. And this extremely long article is just superb http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina64.htm :rofl:

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BenLaw said:

For some people, a lot of the aftermarket products you believe work are in the same category as these products (products that objectively can't have an effect, albeit a user may subjectively experience one), so the questions had a serious basis. Perhaps just answer the first one for me?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
CnoEvil said:
BenLaw said:

For some people, a lot of the aftermarket products you believe work are in the same category as these products (products that objectively can't have an effect, albeit a user may subjectively experience one), so the questions had a serious basis. Perhaps just answer the first one for me?

I've probably got it all wrong and am doing them an injustice.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BenLaw said:
CnoEvil said:
BenLaw said:

I've probably got it all wrong and am doing them an injustice.

I've seen posts on (other) forums about these types of products, people genuinely praising them. Does this mean the products work or does it mean something else?

Your thread title is 'even I have my limits'. Without simply saying 'these pebbles' are you able to help us with how you define those limits?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Seen this link on PFM: http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm

:grin:

I've tried them and in my subjectively listening tests they make the sound a bit hard and gravely. The treble sounded so grainy that I had to grit my teeth.

I also took some rock solid objective measurements which showed that they make no dfference to the sound. So you could say that I'm between a rock and a hard place when it comes to deciding if these magic pebbles work or not.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
CnoEvil said:
Seen this link on PFM: http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm

:grin:

I've tried them and in my subjectively listening tests they make the sound a bit hard and gravely. The treble sounded so grainy that I had to grit my teeth.

I also took some rock solid objective measurements which showed that they make no dfference to the sound. So you could say that I'm between a rock and a hard place when it comes to deciding if these magic pebbles work or not.

Now that's what I'm talking about. :cheer:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
I've seen posts on (other) forums about these types of products, people genuinely praising them. Does this mean the products work or does it mean something else?

Your thread title is 'even I have my limits'. Without simply saying 'these pebbles' are you able to help us with how you define those limits?

I thought this place could do with a little light hearted banter.......and since (as far as I know) nobody on here uses them, it isn't controversial.

......and It looks like you've just proved me right, You have a wicked sense of humour, so it would be nice to see it a little more often. :grin:

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BenLaw said:

I thought this place could do with a little light hearted banter.......and since (as far as I know) nobody on here uses them, it isn't controversial.

......and It looks like you just proved me right, You have a wicked sense of humour, so it would be nice to see it a little more often. :grin:

I'm not sure you'd have liked it if someone had started a thread laughing at, for example, mains products. Whether there is a user of the product on this forum makes no difference - it is either acceptable or not to derive humour from a product that makes claims that confound science and yet have subjective proponents.

Anyway, if you choose not answer any of the questions I posed on this thread you'll have to forgive me if I refer back to your OP when appropriate.

Fwiw if anyone considers my responses to lack the appropriate humour it is because I see these types of products merely as being further down a particular spectrum and see little humour in any of them; nor do I wish implicitly to laugh at anyone who is fooled by the charlatans selling products on that spectrum.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
I'm not sure you'd have liked it if someone had started a thread laughing at, for example, mains products. Whether there is a user of the product on this forum makes no difference - it is either acceptable or not to derive humour from a product that makes claims that confound science and yet have subjective proponents.

Anyway, if you choose not answer any of the questions I posed on this thread you'll have to forgive me if I refer back to your OP when appropriate.

I chose the subject precisely because the likelihood of causing offense was virtually zero.

This is not a serious thread, and by answering your questions it will likely to turn it into one........with you demanding answers and then not accepting the replies. I've had a fffk of a week, and have no intention of having a nonsensical argument with you, so put your gavel down and chill a little (please).

FWIW. The thread title was gently taking the P out of myself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts