Esoteric Amplifiers

Squall Leonhart

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Just been looking around audio websires and stumbled acroos Esoteric gear. I hear they are well known for CD players but they also have some of the most beutiful amplifiers I have ever seen. Easily up there with Luxman and Accuphase.

Does anyone have any experience with Esoteric amplifiers? Integrateds or power amps?

I REALLY love the look of the Grandioso line. On the Japanese website there are pictures of the internals and they really are something else.

I would love to own one of these amps. It would be my final amp, don't think I would ever want to upgrade again.

Check out this stereo power amp:

g_photo12.jpg

*DROOLS*

Edit: Should be picture posted but not sure if working.

Hi Squall Leonhart

We support Esoteric. State of the art build, fit and finishing and their CD/SACD feature the stunning VRDS NEO mechanisms. The best in the business bar none. Please take a look at pictures of the VRDS NEO.

Their amplification is equally impressive and we’re currently using massive F-05 integrated amplifier *smile*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Squall Leonhart said:
I would love to own the F-05 amp. Would be a huge upgrade over my PM8005.

Very nice! 120 watts per channel into 8 ohms. Would drive my MA Silver 6 speakers with ease.

Hi Squall Leonhart

The F-05 is powerhouse but one which also has finesse. Funnily enough Silver 6’s were the first pair of speakers we used the F-05/K-03X combination with *smile*

Btw, we should also be getting in Grandioso M1’s and their new N-01 Network player and if you’re ever in our part of the world then you’re more than welcome to have a look and listen to these and the F-05 with Silver 6’s or if they’re gone then the Silver 200’s.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Squall Leonhart

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Funnily enough Silver 6’s were the first pair of speakers we used the F-05/K-03X combination with *smile*

Btw, we should also be getting in Grandioso M1’s and their new N-01 Network player and if you’re ever in our part of the world then you’re more than welcome to have a look and listen to these and the F-05 with Silver 6’s or if they’re gone then the Silver 200’s.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Thanks for the offer! *smile*

So the MA Silver series is already a good pairing with Esoteric? I imagine the MA Platinum range with Esoteric gear would be a true dream system.

Hi Squall Leonhart

You're welcome.

Yes, Silver does pair well with Esoteric electronics. I've not heard their Platinum Series with Esoteric electronics however based on what I've heard so far then this range should also follow suit *smile*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi Squall Leonhart

We support Esoteric. State of the art build, fit and finishing and their CD/SACD feature the stunning VRDS NEO mechanisms. The best in the business bar none. Please take a look at pictures of the VRDS NEO.

Their amplification is equally impressive and we’re currently using massive F-05 integrated amplifier *smile*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

+1

I had an Esoteric X03SE SACD player for a while. The VRDS Neo mechanism was a little noisy in operation, normal according to Chalfont Acoustics who service Esoteric in the UK. Unfortunately it sat just behind my head in the rack so in the end I had to sell it because of this. However had it been in a more traditional location (between the speakers) where I couldn’t hear the mechanical noise then I would have kept it. Best SQ I have experienced from digital. Period. ...and I am not a vinyl fan so I guess that means best SQ period!

insider9

Hahaha, look at my reply #9. This thread came up when doing research about Esoteric amps. Will get to test that theory soon.

Got a text from Rick today that Leema is going back in the next week or so... and will be replaced by Esoteric F-05 complete with the DAC board. Which now arrived in the UK.

I've not been that well in the last few days, but that's given me a huge boost of energy. I'm bursting with excitement.

insider9 said:
Hahaha, look at my reply #9. This thread came up when doing research about Esoteric amps. Will get to test that theory soon.

Got a text from Rick today that Leema is going back in the next week or so... and will be replaced by Esoteric F-05 complete with the DAC board. Which now arrived in the UK.

I've not been that well in the last few days, but that's given me a huge boost of energy. I'm bursting with excitement.
That’s favouritism and I think others should get a turn! ;-) (with an amp loan, not your lack of energy!)

insider9 said:
I've been told I'm a nutter, because the minute I go back to my lowly Hegel I'm bound to suffer :)
Maybe for a little, but it’s just a case of acclimatising back to the Hegel. The amount of times I heard KEF Blades and got used to what they do, it spoiled the listening experience of so many other speakers. But I found it quite easy to slip back into listening to far lesser speakers - presuming the speakers are obviously pretty decent. There’s still some things I miss, but most of what I listen to are far smaller and aren’t on the end of a £10k+ pre/power.

insider9 said:

Hi insider9

And in from Japan. OP-DAC1 is beautifully built. Still can’t get over on heavy it is *smile*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts