Equipment Stands

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Thinking of buying an Atacama Equinox and deciding how many shelves I should have. I just wondered if any of you have a nice stand and wondered if you noticed any improvement in sound quality.

I can certainly notice differences in quality of sound if I stand my CD player on something else, but it doesn't seem to make any different with my Amplifier or Sky HD box etc.

What are your views on this?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="GeekyGraham"]I can certainly notice differences in quality of sound if I stand my CD player
on something else, but it doesn't seem to make any different with my Amplifier
or Sky HD box etc.[/quote]

Totally agree with you 100%

A

Anonymous

thats because the cd player has moving parts that benefit from the stability of a rack and amps ,sky boxes and tuners dont have any moving parts u could bi all means run your sky upside down and still there would be no changes

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="sex"]u could bi all means run your sky upside down and still there would be no
changes[/quote]

LOL, it would however block the air vent which could cause an issue with heating but I see what you mean mate.

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"][quote user="GeekyGraham"]I can certainly notice differences in quality of sound if I stand my CD player
on something else, but it doesn't seem to make any different with my Amplifier
or Sky HD box etc.[/quote]

Totally agree with you 100%[/quote]

I see you DO understand about Disc Vibrations causing read errors. Clearly preventing external vibration from causing the disc to vibrate by carefull placement of the cd player (like a good hifi rack ) and/or having a substantial CD transport (high mass to dampen any vibration) and/or the use of a second CD or disc stablizer matt (increasing the mass of the rotating disc) is important. If you look at the tolerences involved in a CD ie CD track width 500 nM (500 x 10-9 Meters) and the space between tracks 1.6 uM (1.6 x 10-6 Meters ,[human hair width 18-180 uM]) it does not take alot of vibration to cause a tracking /reading error. As I said in another posting -the more the error correction comes into play to poorer the sound quality will be .

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]When Geeky meet Nerdy! (smiley + wink icon here)[/quote]

You get a bofin! ( an English hybrid ) "nudge nudge wink wink -Say Na-Mooore"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts