Equipment rack for a lot of kit

bballtom

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Can anyone recommend any ideas for a large collection of equipment; I need probably 12 shelves but I’m struggling to find any more than 6 (unless I buy two).

Any ideas?

scene

Depends on your budget... Salamander AV have a number of large av racks that come as standard with 6 shelves, but for which you can buy extra shelves - but they're not cheap - think £2k

Companies like BLOK and Kuban will make you a custom rack to suit your requirements

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
bballtom said:
Can anyone recommend any ideas for a large collection of equipment; I need probably 12 shelves but I’m struggling to find any more than 6 (unless I buy two). Any ideas?

Optimum do do a modular build equipment racks.

They offer options on space between shelves also, good kit, we have all ours on one

And fairly sensible money..............

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
bballtom said:
Can anyone recommend any ideas for a large collection of equipment; I need probably 12 shelves but I’m struggling to find any more than 6 (unless I buy two). Any ideas?

I'd be careful with any rack tall enough to hold 12 items of equipment, unless you're going for a permanently installed, bolted-to-the-wall pro racking system which will be a) hefty, b) ugly and c) expensive. A free-standing rack that tall is going to get a bit unstable and prone to toppling – I'd stick to two smaller racks.

michael hoy

Andrew Everard said:
bballtom said:

I'd be careful with any rack tall enough to hold 12 items of equipment, unless you're going for a permanently installed, bolted-to-the-wall pro racking system which will be a) hefty, b) ugly and c) expensive. A free-standing rack that tall is going to get a bit unstable and prone to toppling – I'd stick to two smaller racks.

My thoughts as well Andrew, that is why I asked if a TV was going on top as well, could not think how it would work.

scene

michael hoy said:
Andrew Everard said:
bballtom said:

My thoughts as well Andrew, that is why I asked if a TV was going on top as well, could not think how it would work.

Sort of what I thought, why I thought width, rather than height would be the way to go - a triple width rack, with four shelves will hold twelve devices.

bballtom

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
I was thinking of a double or triple width then maybe a TV on top, not got a huge amount to spend really but if it's a nice bit of furniture then I might be tempted.

Just interested in gathering as many options as possible before making a decision, just wish I studied harder a wood work!

michael hoy

bballtom said:
I was thinking of a double or triple width then maybe a TV on top, not got a huge amount to spend really but if it's a nice bit of furniture then I might be tempted. Just interested in gathering as many options as possible before making a decision, just wish I studied harder a wood work!

What budget do you have in mind?

bballtom

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Depending on the shape I think about 3m long if I stand the TV on top, I was thinking about something like this

http://www.hifix.co.uk/hi-fi-and-av-equipment-stands/atacama/elara-av1500.html

along with the matching

http://www.hifix.co.uk/hi-fi-and-av-equipment-stands/atacama/elara-hi-fi-500.html

or something similar if I can’t get one big one

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts