Equalizer/processor

alpalma

Feb 20, 2021
Visit site
Good night, I'm from Portugal,
I have a question / problem, I have a NAD 312 amplifier and I connected a Philps equalizer. After a while, I wanted to turn off the equalizer and put the Jumpers back on the Processor outputs. I was without sound, when in doubt, I turned the equalizer back on and I got sound again. Still in doubt, there was a Philips FA930 amplifier, which I replaced with the NAD, and which worked very well, I connected the equalizer to it too, it worked, and when removing the equalizer and reconnecting the jumpers, I was also muted, I only have sound with the equalizer. Why ?, I saw that it is not a malfunction, is there a procedure when removing the equalizer?
Thanks
Alvaro

Gray

Good night, I'm from Portugal,
I have a question / problem, I have a NAD 312 amplifier and I connected a Philps equalizer. After a while, I wanted to turn off the equalizer and put the Jumpers back on the Processor outputs. I was without sound, when in doubt, I turned the equalizer back on and I got sound again. Still in doubt, there was a Philips FA930 amplifier, which I replaced with the NAD, and which worked very well, I connected the equalizer to it too, it worked, and when removing the equalizer and reconnecting the jumpers, I was also muted, I only have sound with the equalizer. Why ?, I saw that it is not a malfunction, is there a procedure when removing the equalizer?
Thanks
Alvaro
Bit of a mystery there Alvaro.
If you refit the Nad and Philips links exactly where they were and totally disconnect the equalizer then both the Nad and Philips must work.......a disconnected equalizer cannot affect anything, can it?
If, as you say, you turned the EQ back on and got sound - then the EQ must still be connected?:unsure:?

Note: Although it doesn't help your mysterious situation, the normal practice is to connect an equalizer in the tape loop; 'Rec out'> EQ in, EQ out > Tape 'Play'.
Then use Nad / Philips tape monitor function to listen to the equalized sound.

By all means add photos of your equalizer's connections etc., as there's no logical explanation for what you've described so far.
Or just give the model number of the equalizer and say exactly what you're connecting to where.

Last edited:
Reactions: alpalma

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts