Epson Cinema projector

grahamboyd

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

My friend reckons Epson is by far the best option for Home Cinema projectors. The Options i'm looking at are TW 8100 or TW 9100. Both have wireless versions which will cost more but would save hassle of burying HDMI cables under the floor and wraggling a solid wall and having to plaster cables in.

Will the wireless version of one of the models give the same picture as same model but connected with HDMI leads to SKY box and Blu ray player?

Also positioning the transmitter box that comes with it: My projector would be 2 metres high on a shelf. 4 metres away would be the screen. The transmitter box would be on a unit below the screen near floor level. Given the transmitter has to send the signal 4 metres along and 2 metres up to the projector would a full quality picture be obtained eg comparing to a picture obtained connecting blu ray to projector with HDMI cable?

Also my seat would be below projector - how much fan noise is produced - would it be heard?

Many Thanks

Graham Boyd

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Lots of questions there. The models you mention have both been replaced - the 7200 and the 9200 - but only the 9200 has the wireless version. The 9200 is indeed very good, nice and bright with superb 3D. The closest competitor is the Sony VPL-HW55 ( no wireless).

There does not appear to be a difference in picture between the wired and wireless - you may be able to test in detail and find a difference but to the casual eye they are identical. The wireless can be hit and miss and my advice would be to run the cable when possible - you can get a cable and quite a lot of labour for £300.

Fan noise is all relative - the current models produce a slight noise compared to the non 3D models of a few years ago but are still quieter than those of say five years ago. If you have a low ceiling then yes with 3D or high brightness modes you could hear the unit. You should find in normal operation with a film playing that the niose is unobtrusive.

grahamboyd

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi Nick,

Thanks - looking at amazon etc can still buy the projectors I mentioned but as you say probably discontinued from Epson. From what you are saying - 'the wireless is hit and miss' what does the term 'miss' mean? - don't know if I like the sound of that. Playing safe from what I can gather from you is to go for cables and also the possibility of £300 less for same model but wireless?

Thanks

Graham

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi Graham, I never achieved reliable results with the wireless version so we stopped recommending it unless there really was no way we could run the cables.

The Epson warranty is superb and includes swap outs on the bulb so I would suggest purchasing from an authorised dealer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts