Epos Are Coming Home

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
Since i finished upgrading my main system i have been working on my 2nd office / cellar space set up using left overs for use when the main room is busy (which is quite a lot of the time). PC Source, Little Dot III pre-amp, Nad C320 BEE and Quad Lite speakers.

I used to own some Epos M5's but sold them when i built my new system, and so yesterday in a moment of JoelSim like madness i bought some unmarked Epos M5 ex-demo from a local dealer for £175 via ebay.

I pick them up later today and i will feedback whether this is just a nostalgic mistake or whether i have done the right thing. If so i will sell the quad lites.

I am quite excited to see how my memory of the Epos stacks up against the Quads.

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
Good news was that the speakers were immaculate and indeed the company i bought from admitted they had only been used twice for demos and were not even run in - result !

As expected from my memory they simply blew my quads away and look great too (in my eyes). My 2nd system is now very good as an office alternative to my main listening.

In case anyone is interested i have to recommend these Epos M5's for the money they currently sell for are amazing value. I have not heard any better speaker in the low budget arena - which doesnt meant there arn't any of course. Give them a serious thought though especially if your listening area is fairly limited and if you can find any around.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts