Empire Direct - what a disaster

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I've finally learnt my lesson after 3 failed attempts at using ED and have gone with John Lewis. I should have worked out that price wasn't everything after the first series of mistakes, but at least it was third time unlucky!!

The problem with ED is that they have no concept of honest communication when quoting leadtimes and stock levels. They promise faithfully to call back and then never do. However to be fair, they do provide very quick refunds, but that's the only positive point!

A

Anonymous

I was also one who cancelled my order from ED about two weeks ago (as you might have seen from my previous posts). btw my order was the Panasonic TH37PX70

Eventually went down the John Lewis route - so far great customer services.

But even John Lewis didn't come without its small hickup.
emotion-7.gif

After 7 days of viewing I decided to have a look at the menu to see how many hours weve clocked up on the new telly. I did a rough guess and worked out we watched an absolute maximum of 50 hours before I went in to the menu. Imagine my surprise when I saw the TV's bene running for 111 hours. Then I went in to the owners details menu and saw it was already completed by someone else (name, house no. and postcode !)

Obviously my tv wasnt brand new out of the box and had been returned by a previous owner after 1 or 2 weeks and John Lewis had made some kind of error (knowingly or unknowingly - I dont know) and sent this set to me.

Phoned them up today and they are sending out a new one (lets hope this is a REAL new one!) and picking up my current set.

So far the service has been very good and very fast apart from the small error on their side. On the plus side I've had this set for a week now and can confirm it is really good. Good luck on everyone dealing with customer services across the UK - it can be one of the most irritating things one earth sometimes.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
FYI, we've ordered a TV via Empire Direct for a test we've got coming up - so we'll let you know how it goes.

[/quote]

How it went was I ordered it last Friday afternoon and it arrived this Tuesday by 10am. And that was without any calls of the "do you know who we are" variety.

matthewpiano

[quote user="Clare Newsome"][quote user="Clare Newsome"]
FYI, we've ordered a TV via Empire Direct for a test we've got coming up - so we'll let you know how it goes.

[/quote]

How it went was I ordered it last Friday afternoon and it arrived this Tuesday by 10am. And that was without any calls of the "do you know who we are" variety.

[/quote]

But, being cynical for a moment, would they not have recognised the Haymarket offices address?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I didn't address it to Haymarket, merely Teddington Studios - where there are several other companies based (not least Pinewood!) so unless the computerised online ordering system is a keen-eyed reader....

A

Anonymous

I've had a positive experience with Empire Direct!

Ordered my Panasonic TH-37PX70 B and an Alphason stand on Sunday 30 Dec, had a call on Fri 4 Jan as they wanted to deliver on Weds 9 Jan (but there wouldn't be anyone at home) so arranged for delivery on Fri 11 Jan. TV and stand were delivered by 1000. That's good service in my book!

A

Anonymous

I have used Empire Direct several times for various things over the years... not had a problem with them yet !!! - they worked for me !.. so far...

matthewpiano

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
I didn't address it to Haymarket, merely Teddington Studios - where there are several other companies based (not least Pinewood!) so unless the computerised online ordering system is a keen-eyed reader....

[/quote]

Fair enough. Well done Empire then!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts