Email alerts for new posts?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is there anyway I can get sent email notification when people post on threads that ive contributed in like on other forums? I've had a look in "my account" but there is no setting there ? Thanks sorry if this is a stupid question

A

Anonymous

Messiah:
I don't think so but I believe it is in the piepline.

JD will confirm...

Ah that'd be why i can't find it then !! cheers

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
This would be great - as long as it works properly. I sometimes post to a gardening forum and it emails me notifications about two weeks late so is somewhat useless.

I'm always forgetting about post here so email notifications would be fantastic!

A

Anonymous

daveh75:I have it turned off on other forums that i frequent - It's the most annoying feature i've ever come across...
+101....

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
maxflinn:daveh75:I have it turned off on other forums that i frequent - It's the most annoying feature i've ever come across...
+101....

Max, that is purely because if the feature were to be turned on your email system would grind to a halt, burdened by the load.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

ESP2009:
maxflinn:daveh75:I have it turned off on other forums that i frequent - It's the most annoying feature i've ever come across...
+101....

Max, that is purely because if the feature were to be turned on your email system would grind to a halt, burdened by the load.
emotion-5.gif

id bring down google mail
emotion-10.gif

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
maxflinn:ESP2009:

+101....

emotion-5.gif

id bring down google mail
emotion-10.gif

Now there's a potential claim to fame!
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I'm a member of many forums and cant live with out email notification. OK exaggeration, but I find it real useful, a vital forum feature for my self at least.

PoisonJam

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
daveh75 said:
I have it turned off on other forums that i frequent - It's the most annoying feature i've ever come across...

On the AV forums it's only automatically applied if you created the thread, and you can opt out when creating the thread.

Otherwise you manually subscribe to topics you want to receive email alerts for.

PoisonJam

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, email alerts to subscribed topics and the ability to view my post/thread history and see when there's been new responses to threads I've posted in is needed really badly here. I'm not a regular here for pretty much that reason.

I came in to post this topic/suggestion myself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts