Elvis Presley With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Been wondering and enjoying Elvis on Radio2 "Burning Love" why are they playing it every 2 hours or so. Ahhh new album.

Boy its good not a Elvis fan but this is really good with the Orchestra. Not since "Stelvis" at the beach in Spain fuelled by a few beers have i laughed and enjoyed Elvis so much! Go on give it whirl! Enjoy.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Last week I went to see Public Enemy & The Prodigy in Birmingham. Drove home listening to this cd in the car.

I bought 3 copies one for me and one each for my mum & dad.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
It's his vocals put to new orchestrated backings. I remember them doing the same with Bing Crosby in 1987.

And there was me thinking it was recorded at Prestwick Airport on 2nd March 1960, when the orchestra was on its way to Germany for a concert and... ;-)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
spiny norman said:
MajorFubar said:
It's his vocals put to new orchestrated backings. I remember them doing the same with Bing Crosby in 1987.

And there was me thinking it was recorded at Prestwick Airport on 2nd March 1960, when the orchestra was on its way to Germany for a concert and... ;-)

LOL! No, sorry to disappoint :-D

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
MajorFubar said:

Your quip is based on the idea that we all instinctively know Elvis Presley's every move. Well I don't.

I have no idea who he (or the RPO) ever recorded with. Why would I? He didn't figure at all in my musical world when I was young given that he was almost as old as my dad.

As I got older I realised - of course - that he was an important, historical musical figure because of the media's incessant habit of digging him up on every conceivable opportunity/anniversary, but I still wouldn't play his work.

Now it's not a matter of his being a generation older but simply because I don't like his music. Given a choice from that era it'd be Little Richard or Buddy Holly way ahead of Elvis.

A while back on the TV they were saying Presley has made more money since his demise than when alive (can't remember the respective figures).

Wasn't it a couple of years ago either Presley or Michael Jackson toured the UK? With the help of modern technology (3D screen and a bunch of session musicians) they projected the face of either said artists singing their hits. Kinda find that a bit creepy.

CrazyCatz

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Tracks From 'If I Can Dream' - Elvis With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Been looking for Reviews on this Album, I'm not a massive ELVIS fan, by a long shot.. but I do like some of his music(In The Ghetto being My Fav) and well who don't.. I've seen some 'Bad' reviews and of course the spiel.. thought I'd have a look on here but not really found owt? other than this..IF anyone could point us to a Thread/Persons Reviews on hear would be Great!!

atb

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
CrazyCatz said:
Tracks From 'If I Can Dream' - Elvis With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Been looking for Reviews on this Album, I'm not a massive ELVIS fan, by a long shot.. but I do like some of his music(In The Ghetto being My Fav) and well who don't.. I've seen some 'Bad' reviews and of course the spiel.. thought I'd have a look on here but not really found owt? other than this..IF anyone could point us to a Thread/Persons Reviews on hear would be Great!!

atb

You can stream it from all the usual places, why not take a listen. Such luxuries didn't exist back in the day when we had to rely on a record review in a magazine or newspaper to tell us how good a new album sounded.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts