Ellisdj review Arcam

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi Cno there are reasons why that is not good for attracting people to the channel and as I am trying to grow I really need to generate the attention

But I will try and do both best I can

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Hi Cno there are reasons why that is not good for attracting people to the channel and as I am trying to grow I really need to generate the attention

What is your goal with the channel?
At first I thought it was just for fun but now I see you have a plan.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
At first I was just thinking i will start to prove everything i have been arguing about for years by recording it.

Then it didn't really go that way and I thought yeah bit of fun and I will give it a go and see what happens.

I set a target of 100 subscribers by christmas and see what happens. But I am really enjoying doing it even though it puts strain on home life as it takes a lot of work on top of work.

If one day it was work well then that would be amazing but that day is not soon

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:

The way I envisage it, is with a subtle change.....it allows you to introduce each room and talk about what's in it and how it sounds...this is backed up by the footage. The person watching is now more engaged and informed, as you have peaked their interest, so knows what to watch out for.

You don't have to necessarily make dramatic judgements (in case this part of the probem), so you remain mostly neutral.

As I say, this is just my opinion...as watching one hifi room after another, is a little bit like watching sport without the commentary.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Its not the opinion that matters its accumulating videos together into one then trying to list them and a few things.

What your suggesting is def better but needs be at time ideally which means exclusive time demoing the systems - I am hoping to get there eventually. Doing it after is ok I suppose. Let me see how the shooting goes at hifi live I will have more time.

I was trying to get people from the companies to speak about the systems etc but I probably could have spoken more in the vids

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Its not the opinion that matters its accumulating videos together into one then trying to list them and a few things.

What your suggesting is def better but needs be at time ideally which means exclusive time demoing the systems - I am hoping to get there eventually. Doing it after is ok I suppose. Let me see how the shooting goes at hifi live I will have more time.

I was trying to get people from the companies to speak about the systems etc but I probably could have spoken more in the vids

It's much easier to back seat drive, than it is to achieve...I realize that.

I have never done this, but I was thinking that the filming could done first, with the dialog added later, talking about what was going to be seen in the footage.

FWIW. I think you're doing a great job.....so only giving feeback from my perspective.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I appreciate your not criticising buddy just trying help I am taking your advice in right way I promise.
Its actually given a good idea to improve other things I am doing as well

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
ellisdj said:
BS will reply when got more time

Latest Video - Indulgence Show review and best bits as requested by CNo
no worries

I have looked online and came across this but weather this is ok or not I am unsure but here is a link ...https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/minidsp-2x4 or there is the much more expensive one around £1300 .

but how I understand it is the mini dsp has its own Dac which you adjust to suit your room acoustics if I’ve understood that correctly .

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi Bs I have only used dirac with products that use digital connections - using it via analogue means its going through an A/D conversion then back to D/A again after Dirac Live.

Mini dsp do sell solutions with dacs and I am sure they are good

Or an alternative is your spinner as a source then inline via digital put mini dsp dirac live unit then feed a dac via digital.

This means boxes wires and cost but will be the best way to do it I feel.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Not keen on the looks of YBA amplifier it looks like a satellite box ( sorry ) and the price tag is very expensive for something that looks like a satellite box I would rather buy the luxmam any day as it sound and looks good .

you should ask for a demo unit of the Yamaha A-S3000 which costs £4000 and top build quality and in my opinion great sounding amplifier for the money but depending if the Yamaha is a good matchup with your KEFs *smile*

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
The luxman I had was a pure power amp with no dac costing 2k more.

Factoring in this is a dac and pre for the money its a stormer of a product.

As I said the looks grew on me its very retro looking.

The luxman is a stunner but costs a lot more

I am loading up the song demo videos now. 2 up so far doing third now

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
If you listen to a older video you did on the luxman power amplifier with the song from flatlands and compare with your latest video you’re done with the YBA same song flatlands .

i feel the luxman was coming across a lot better with flatlands more punch and more detailed then the YBA which I felt sounded softer and a bit laid back

this is me listening though headphones and I do like the luxman and I do love that luxman I thought it sounded lovely I wish I was there to hear it .

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
The luxman demo was using my meridian 861 as a dac and pre sounds brilliant for an av processor. I have the 861 up for sale and cant believe noone has bought it yet. Punches well above its used price with the upgrades done to it.

The luxman is a quality amp but factoring in its 2k more expensive and its just an amp. The yba is amp dac and pre and still rocks really.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
ellisdj said:
The luxman demo was using my meridian 861 as a dac and pre sounds brilliant for an av processor. I have the 861 up for sale and cant believe noone has bought it yet. Punches well above its used price with the upgrades done to it.

The luxman is a quality amp but factoring in its 2k more expensive and its just an amp. The yba is amp dac and pre and still rocks really.
but it just goes to show how well pre- power work well together and if you like buying Dac’s separately you have a really nice setup plus the power amplifier comes in handy with extra power for home cinema .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts