Ellisdj review Arcam

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Wow, thank you very much SMbits. Very kind of you :)

Yes I am planning to do more, takes a bit of time to do each one naturally.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Wow, thank you very much SMbits.  Very kind of you :)

Yes I am planning to do more, takes a bit of time to do each one naturally.
I like watching what I like to call honest reviews.what isolation feet were you using buy the way

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
This where I get the isolation devices from - called the Cera Disc near the bottom of the page

I helped design them and I would say they would best most devices to a certain point - maybe to about where the stillpoints Ultra SS come in - I thnk they easily better the Still Points Ultra Minis.

Its a little complex in how I use them and the various options - but the stainless steel ones sound the best but you can tailor the sound a bit with these.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
This where I get the isolation devices from - called the Cera Disc near the bottom of the page

I helped design them and I would say they would best most devices to a certain point - maybe to about where the stillpoints Ultra SS come in - I thnk they easily better the Still Points Ultra Minis.

Its a little complex in how I use them and the various options - but the stainless steel ones sound the best but you can tailor the sound a bit with these.
IV just got my first stillpoints and really like them.just bloody expensive but they really work very well.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Yes they are :) Slippery Slope.

I had a set of 4 minis - I wanted that quality under everything but it was too much ££ So I got together with the chap from Plinth Design and I suggested changes to his exisitng design and he did the same and we came up with the ceradisc.

IMO they are at least as good for about 1/4 price still points ultra mini for 4 so they are a good buy again imo

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Yes they are :)  Slippery Slope.

I had a set of 4 minis - I wanted that quality under everything but it was too much ££  So I got together with the chap from Plinth Design and I suggested changes to his exisitng design and he did the same and we came up with the ceradisc.

IMO they are at least as good for about 1/4 price still points ultra mini for 4 so they are a good buy again imo 
the web page is a bit weird.how do you order something

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
office@plinth-design.com

Make sure you say you know me and you will be looked after, If you order some let me know and I will tell you how to get the best from them.

They are a little more fiddly than still points because they are not height adjustable but its not the end of the world I promise.

Gazzip bought 2 sets on my reco - he loves them :)

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
office@plinth-design.com

Make sure you say you know me and you will be looked after,  If you order some let me know and I will tell you how to get the best from them.

They are a little more fiddly than still points because they are not height adjustable but its not the end of the world I promise.

so just send an email yes.do I call you ellisdj :)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
They should know me from that - my name is Terry say from WHF - sure he will know its me.

They have just had some new stock in by all accounts.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
seemorebtts said:
ellisdj said:
office@plinth-design.com

Make sure you say you know me and you will be looked after, If you order some let me know and I will tell you how to get the best from them.

Indeed I do love them. So much so that I have ordered two more sets... 2 months ago and still waiting. I haven't paid for them but I am getting a little bored of waiting. So no pushing in! *biggrin*

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Gazzip said:
seemorebtts said:
ellisdj said:
office@plinth-design.com

Make sure you say you know me and you will be looked after,  If you order some let me know and I will tell you how to get the best from them.

Indeed I do love them. So much so that I have ordered two more sets... 2 months ago and still waiting. I haven't paid for them but I am getting a little bored of waiting. So no pushing in! *biggrin*
that's not good.why r u waiting.have you tried stillpoints if so do they have the same characteristics

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
seemorebtts said:
Gazzip said:
seemorebtts said:
ellisdj said:
office@plinth-design.com

Indeed I do love them. So much so that I have ordered two more sets... 2 months ago and still waiting. I haven't paid for them but I am getting a little bored of waiting. So no pushing in! *biggrin*
that's not good.why r u waiting.have you tried stillpoints if so do they have the same characteristics

I think Plinth Design is a bit of a cottage industry TBH so timeframes are sketchy. No shame in that as a lot of manufacturers are in this industry/hobby. I haven't tried Stillpoints but the principle is the same so I would imagine the results are also, but Cera-Discs are quite a bit cheaper. Waiting is no issue because my main system has been powered down for over a month now. I am currently enjoying my second system (Denon DM40 and EB Acoustics EB2's) a great deal so haven't bothered with my listening room at all.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Why is your system powered down gazzip.

I think you will get your cera discs soon mate btw. Do you want me to ask for you??

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Why is your system powered down gazzip.

I think you will get your cera discs soon mate btw. Do you want me to ask for you??

Thanks but I asked him this evening and Kridon is still awaiting delivery from his manufacturer. Powered down because I have been busy and I'm going through a "cannot be arsed with it" phase. You know what I mean... P.S. is your system ready yet? You were waiting for a new soundcard last time we emailed? Hearing it might inspire me to power back up!

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have only just bought it. Its been in about 2 weeks.

Because of the you tube thing I have started doing its been all consuming. Have you seen it?

I have got a fair bit on the next 2 weeks maybe the week after or something like that ??

If anyone can reignite your passion its probably not me but I will sure try ;)

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Gazzip said:
seemorebtts said:
Gazzip said:
seemorebtts said:
ellisdj said:
office@plinth-design.com

I think Plinth Design is a bit of a cottage industry TBH so timeframes are sketchy. No shame in that as a lot of manufacturers are in this industry/hobby. I haven't tried Stillpoints but the principle is the same so I would imagine the results are also, but Cera-Discs are quite a bit cheaper. Waiting is no issue because my main system has been powered down for over a month now. I am currently enjoying my second system (Denon DM40 and EB Acoustics EB2's) a great deal so haven't bothered with my listening room at all.

A month ! *shok*

I start to get withdrawal symptoms after one day of no listening to my main system in the listening room. *smile*

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Electro said:
Gazzip said:
seemorebtts said:
Gazzip said:
seemorebtts said:
ellisdj said:
office@plinth-design.com

A month ! *shok*

I start to get withdrawal symptoms after one day of no listening to my main system in the listening room. *smile*

I know, shocking isn't it! I'm just going through one of those back to basics phases. I spent a week camping rough in the Lakes and since I got back I can't face the room. I'm 44 next week. Probs a mid-life crisis. I also sold my mad fast BMW and purchased a Land Rover. I'll be over it in a month.

TRENDING THREADS