electrostatic speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks

I am looking at buying the Martin Logan Source speakers , to be fed from my Cambridge 840A amplifier.

Can anyone advise alternatives I shoudl consider?

Options I am considering are the ML Purity - not sure if these are much better sound - also the Magneplanar MG12, or One Thing Audio Quade ELS57, or evven second hand ELS998 or 63.

I like a bright, dynamic sound, really tight bass, but mainly low level detail - I stupidly sold my Quad ELS63 years ago and miss the suprise of hearing background detail not audible on box speakers - thus the quest for panels!

The other query - who stocks the Martin Logans ? - visionsof driving round the UK auditioning choices!

thanks

Husk

A

Anonymous

Sightly incongrous to be keen on tight bass and electrostatics. ML did try to solve the problem, with varying success. In any event, be aware that MLs will not quite replace your Quads - very different in many ways. Also consider that some of the best box speakers give a detail equal to electrostatics (and better than ML electrostatics, especially the cheaper ones in the range), but of course you will pay quite a bit for that (e.g. sonus faber homage series, Cabasse, Hansen). However, their advantage is fewer problems with positioning and wall proximity.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts