Elac bs244 experiences?

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.

Anyone know the elac bs244 speaker? Im looking for a standmount speaker, with offcourse great sound, clarity, speed etc, but also enough bass, so you wont need a sub. Right now i have kef ls50 and the bass is not enough on these ones.

Any thoughts?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Do little in the UK.

However they are a good company and make a good product.

Pretty much everything of note is built in house and since they are in Kiel in germany, their product is not cheap.

From a quality point of view their products are first class, but like all speakers, they may or maynot be to your taste.

Their small, premium quality speakers are best described as fast and articulate, with rather better bass than you might expect for their size.

I have some experience of these...

elac_bs_314_black_high_gloss_prototype_2_20131104_cgw_7d_20730_rgb_8bit_free_comp12_web_3.jpg

Smashing speakers.

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Looks good, and i think the bass is much better than kef ls50, i mean the bs244. I have a chance of buying a pair for 500 pounds..
davedotco said:
Do little in the UK.

Pretty much everything of note is built in house and since they are in Kiel in germany, their product is not cheap.

From a quality point of view their products are first class, but like all speakers, they may or maynot be to your taste.

Their small, premium quality speakers are best described as fast and articulate, with rather better bass than you might expect for their size.

Smashing speakers.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Chr78 said:
Looks good, and i think the bass is much better than kef ls50, i mean the bs244. I have a chance of buying a pair for 500 pounds..
davedotco said:
Do little in the UK.

Smashing speakers.

For that price they are a steal, bear in mind that they are serious speakers so proper amplification is required. Like most good small speakers they can sound amazing with the right amplification.

Usual caveat applies. They are small speakers of fairly modest cost, they will not suit everyone.

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
The price is a steal i agree, how would you compare them to kef ls50?
davedotco said:
Chr78 said:
davedotco said:
Do little in the UK.

Smashing speakers.

For that price they are a steal, bear in mind that they are serious speakers so proper amplification is required. Like most good small speakers they can sound amazing with the right amplification.

Usual caveat applies. They are small speakers of fairly modest cost, they will not suit everyone.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Are not really for me unless driven by a seriously BFA.

But then that is true of a lot of the better small speakers. Amplifiers are everything with speakers of this type, I think getting that right makes all the difference.

Lesser quality amplifiers just seem to bring out the worst in such speakers, I would look at entry level Hegel or Electrocompaniet models as an absolute minimum.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts