Edifier R2000DB - quality

Ionixct

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi, guys! What is your opinion on the Edifier R2000DB? How do they sound (sound quality)? Are they above average at all? Or not? I'm encountering the Edifier brand for the first time. I've also been thinking about the S360DB; they must be much better than the R2000DB, right? Just because of the subwoofer.

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
What do you plan on using them for?
I have a pair of Edifier BT1700's which were an impulse buy @ 130 quid. They are quite good (a little boomy in the bass... but if I turn the bass to 11 o'clock and the treble to 1 o'clock they do quite well).
I initially used them to listen to a TV through and they filled up a big living room very well in that role.
They are good as computer monitors... however, I wouldn't have paid any more than I did for them.
Edifier is a decent brand and they have just come out with a pair of £700 monitors (S300RPO) which, considering the competition, would seem like a hard sell to me.
If you get them from Amazon you could always sent them back if they are not to your taste?

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
I had some Edifier MR4 that I used for recording music & they were lacking for stereo listening.

Realising I spent a lot of time listening to Spotify at that desk, I bought some Adam T4V. Excellent pair of speakers for c. £300.

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
Folks recommending Genelec and Adam are comparing apples to oranges.
Adam A4v's are 1,000 USD per pair (plus tax) and the cheapest Genelec's are around $800 (I've never seen a T4V model). T5V's are currently $400 a pair plus tax.
I wouldn't have purchased the Edifier BT1700's if they had been over £130 (they are currently as low as £108 @ Amazon UK) and at that price are a good little speaker set for casual listening.
But we still don't know what the OP's intended use is.
Perhaps if the OP has the budget Q Acoustic M20's may be a way to go? The M20's are currently only £274 in the UK and would probably blow the £225 Edifier R2000DB's away.
You folks in the UK have it good... the M20's are £523 (equivalent) in the USA.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts