Echoing surround sound HELP?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi when say listening to dancing on ice in HD or SD the front surround speakers and rears sound as loud as the centre front and the voices echo and sound as loud through all the speakers although its running dolby digital 5.1 sound. Too much sound from Front L & R and rear L & R. Yamaha RX-V667 amp and KEF 2005.3 k2 speakers. Can i turn vol down on the individual speakers? Is this the way this pragramme is broadcast as i dont notice this really on other viewing. Does make it sound very echoy though!

Thanks DAZ

A

Anonymous

how strange seems to just be coming from F centre the voice now and all seems to be working as it should now. Maybe a glitch in the broadcasting for 10 mins or so !

A

Anonymous

What are itv up too .Sounds like im in a baked bean tin again. Phillip mentioned the technical glitch on the programme. No point lostening in HD they broadcast rubbish sound like that!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Just had a look to see what you mean, and sounds like one channel is out of phase, which would drive processing such as PLIIx Movie or PLIIx Music slightly crackers. Oddly, it seems to be coming out of the studio at Elstree like that, as the ads they've just gone to sound fine, whether in straight stereo or PLIIx Music.

Can I go back to something sensible now? Like Peter Ackroyd's Thames on Sky Arts 2 HD...?

A

Anonymous

Sure mate. Thanks for ya help. Feel better now.Enjoy sky arts!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts