ebay and valve amps

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Guys and gals, have any of you thought or bought a valve amp off ebay, not a known brand one but one of the Chinese ones that are lurking, for example http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MA-6P1-6AQ5-Push-Pull-Valve-Integrated-Tube-Amp-Black_W0QQitemZ280202775963QQihZ018QQcategoryZ3280QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem cheers chris

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
'fraid not, but even at £110 (the lowest they go for including shipping) you have to ask if they really can be any good. From my point of view, it takes £150 at the very minimum to produce a decent transistor/IC-based amp, and the components for these cost relative peanuts.

Although any half competent electronics DIY-er can produce something with valves that amplifies sound, whether it will do so well is another matter altogether...and then to build it and ship it all for £110...?

Of course, I would love someone to prove me wrong (mainly because I love a bargain as much as the next man..)

Erm, Clare / Andrew / Andy...fancy blowing a little research budget? All in the name of science, obviously :)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fatboyslimfast"]'fraid not, but even at £110 (the lowest they go for including shipping) you have to ask if they really can be any good. From my point of view, it takes £150 at the very minimum to produce a decent transistor/IC-based amp, and the components for these cost relative peanuts.

Although any half competent electronics DIY-er can produce something with valves that amplifies sound, whether it will do so well is another matter altogether...and then to build it and ship it all for £110...?

Of course, I would love someone to prove me wrong (mainly because I love a bargain as much as the next man..)

Erm, Clare / Andrew / Andy...fancy blowing a little research budget? All in the name of science, obviously :)[/quote]

Thats why I ask the question Mr Slimfast, I would like to know if they would be worth their while in terms of a second system???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts