EBAcoustics, EB1 or EB2 in a home cinema config.

Naass

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi Fellow forumers,

I wonder whether these speakers would be a good choice for a 5.1 home cinema configuration.

Do you know whether they sell 2+2+1 speakers and whether they have a better price for such config?

Thanks for your input.

Happy New Year 2011 to all of you.

Cheers.

Naass

A

Anonymous

Well, I recommend the EB2s
emotion-1.gif

An interesting approach to using EB Acoustics gear would be the EB2s front, EB1s rear and the EB3 (to be available shortly) as the centre. On the basis of the audio balance in 5.1 is in practice mostly front, with rears providing some surround effect and reinforcing the bass. And that the EB3 is supposed to be a centre speaker.
emotion-5.gif

EB2s all round would be nice if you have the space, but maybe a little overkill. Would you get a discount for buying more speakers? I'd be faintly surprised given demand is outstripping supply, and the EBs that have been tested are such very good value for money.

Just to make you aware that the fabled EB3 has only just been a suggestion and does not yet appear in real life as far as I am aware.

I would suggest you are unlikely to get any discount considering the supposed demand but no harm in asking!

I do not know how far in the future you are looking to set this system up but i would give yourself three months as a minimum.

S, although I heartily recommend you try them, I would suggest they are not the best for a 5.1 system as:-

A) EB do not yet have a dedicated centre speaker B) They do not make a matching subwoofer, C) You will have a long wait.

A

Anonymous

Alears:
Just to make you aware that the fabled EB3 has only just been a suggestion and does not yet appear in real life as far as I am aware.

I saw the EB3 prototype when I picked up my EB2s
emotion-5.gif

putt1ck:Alears:

emotion-5.gif

Good for you. So the beast exists!

Just wanted to point out to the OP that considering the current waiting time for a single pair of EB2's he is unlikely to get a 5.1 setup including the EB3 this side of six months.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Naass:
Hi Fellow forumers,

I wonder whether these speakers would be a good choice for a 5.1 home cinema configuration.

Do you know whether they sell 2+2+1 speakers and whether they have a better price for such config?

Thanks for your input.

Happy New Year 2011 to all of you.

Cheers.

Naass

For 5.1, you will need a dedicated centre speaker which is the EB3, available next month. The ideal system is: EB2 front, EB2 rear, EB3 Centre.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Alears:putt1ck:Alears:

emotion-5.gif

He is unlikely to get a 5.1 setup including the EB3 this side of six months.

You won't be waiting 6 months!!. We are quoting 8 weeks and we are trying to stick to that. If in doubt, please ring 01562 865788 and we will be pleased to receive your call,.

Richard Allen:Alears:putt1ck:Alears:

emotion-5.gif

He is unlikely to get a 5.1 setup including the EB3 this side of six months.

You won't be waiting 6 months!!. We are quoting 8 weeks and we are trying to stick to that. If in doubt, please ring 01562 865788 and we will be pleased to receive your call,.

Richard, didn't recognise you!

So possibly 6 months was wrong however, you might be quoting 8 weeks but I am still waiting for a plain oak EB2's ordered in October and was quoted 6-8 weeks then, and that was just for one pair. Will ring you on Monday.

Naass

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to all the forumers for their replies and thanks to Richard for the clarification.

I would be very grateful if Richard can give us an indication about the price of the EB3 and for the 5 speakers package if there will be a special price for that. It will also be helpful to give us the specs, including dimensions, of the EB3.

Finally is there any email address to contact Ebacoustics, because I could only find a phone number on their website.

Kind regards.

Naass

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Naass:Finally is there any email address to contact Ebacoustics, because I could only find a phone number on their website.

Sore point to some this, they do have an email address, however they never answer it, insisting that people should contact them via the phone, they say it's more efficient, you may have a different opinion. Anyway, phone the number on the website, it'll be quicker.

TRENDING THREADS