EB1 vs MA silver RX2

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
IFAIK. There's not been an 'official' WHFSAV review of the RX2s yet.

I've been talking about replacement speakers with my Wife, and she actually sat down and we had a perusal of the net.

The RX2s caught her eye as she loves white, so the gloss white RX range tick all her aesthetic boxes.

I'm hoping the forthcoming(?) GX10s have the same range of finishes.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris:The RX2s caught her eye as she loves white, so the gloss white RX range tick all her aesthetic boxes.

I have seen many gloss finishes on Rega and MA speakers (and others).

One problem I have with such finishes is that whenever they are placed near to televisions (invariably gloss black too) the speaker's finish looks identical. In other words, people will just assume the speakers are also made of black plastic.

Then there is the dust.

I suppose the same problems won't arise with white (unless the TV is white too.)

I am still a sucker for light coloured real wood finishes (maple, oak, beech etc) even though they probably cost the same to manufacture.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Anyway, EB1s vs RX2's.

They are about the same price but the EB1s don't have a dealer's or distributors 'cut' from what you pay. So, in theory, you should be getting a bit more speaker for your money with EB1s.

Haven't heard either. Sorry.

You will need to go to a MA dealer and listen to the RX2s then order the EB1s and try them out too. Can't get around that unless EB Acoustics offer their speakers out to dealers. (And then you would have to pay around £750 for them instead of £468.)

The same issue came up with the (£669) EB2s vs (£950) ATC SCM11s. They would probably be the same price if both sold in dealers. (For the convenience of being able to listen in a shop.)

Sliced Bread

chebby:
Big Chris:The RX2s caught her eye as she loves white, so the gloss white RX range tick all her aesthetic boxes.

I have seen many gloss finishes on Rega and MA speakers (and others).

One problem I have with such finishes is that whenever they are placed near to televisions (invariably gloss black too) the speaker's finish looks identical. In other words, people will just assume the speakers are also made of black plastic.

Then there is the dust.

I suppose the same problems won't arise with white (unless the TV is white too.)

I am still a sucker for light coloured real wood finishes (maple, oak, beech etc) even though they probably cost the same to manufacture.

They scratch quite easily too, as I've discovered that my cats are using my gloss black MA sub as a springboard to the windowsill
emotion-12.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Sliced Bread:They scratch quite easily too, as I've discovered that my cats are using my gloss black MA sub as a springboard to the windowsill
emotion-12.gif

Cat fur gloves are excellent for dusting gloss black surfaces
emotion-14.gif

A

Anonymous

chebby:
Anyway, EB1s vs RX2's.

They are about the same price but the EB1s don't have a dealer's or distributors 'cut' from what you pay. So, in theory, you should be getting a bit more speaker for your money with EB1s.

Haven't heard either. Sorry.

You will need to go to a MA dealer and listen to the RX2s then order the EB1s and try them out too. Can't get around that unless EB Acoustics offer their speakers out to dealers. (And then you would have to pay around £750 for them instead of £468.)

The same issue came up with the (£669) EB2s vs (£950) ATC SCM11s. They would probably be the same price if both sold in dealers. (For the convenience of being able to listen in a shop.)

In that case, The Acaydis DM1 which sell for GBP275.00, should be comparable to MA Silver RX1 or B&W 685? and are they?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
duff2010:In that case, The Acaydis DM1 which sell for GBP275.00, should be comparable to MA Silver RX1 or B&W 685? and are they?

Not heard any on your list.

However they seem to be pretty good by all accounts. (Check out the user comment where they are compared very favourably against a pair of Mission floorstanders that used to cost £450.)

Sliced Bread

chebby:
Sliced Bread:They scratch quite easily too, as I've discovered that my cats are using my gloss black MA sub as a springboard to the windowsill
emotion-12.gif

Cat fur gloves are excellent for dusting gloss black surfaces
emotion-14.gif

You're giving me ideas, which if executed cannot be undone
emotion-42.gif

Second thoughts...they're great really!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts