dynovector 10 x 5

evo6tme

Apr 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Just had a thought . I`ve got my dynovector 10x5 conected to the moving coil conectors of my phono stage . But being a hight output moving coil should it be conected to the moving magnet ????

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
evo6tme:
Hi

Just had a thought . I`ve got my dynovector 10x5 conected to the moving coil conectors of my phono stage . But being a hight output moving coil should it be conected to the moving magnet ????

No.

A

Anonymous

Yes. It's a high output MC, so should be connected to the MM input.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Ah yes but the gain on the 8000 is low so should be MC.

Try it.
emotion-1.gif

evo6tme

Apr 17, 2008
Visit site
Yeh ok i know its sounds like a stupid question (grottyash), but it sounds ok in both , and i thought hight output mc were designed for that exast reason. I was just looking for a definative answer .

But then again i must remember were i am
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

evo6tme:
Yeh ok i know its sounds like a stupid question (grottyash), but it sounds ok in both , and i thought hight output mc were designed for that exast reason. I was just looking for a definative answer .

But then again i must remember were i am
emotion-1.gif

You are exactly right. I know people do sometimes use the MC input for high output phono stages, but you shouldn't, as it can cause distortion, particularly if you start ramping up the volume.

Generally, I wouldn't do it and stick with the MM input. It's true it may give you an imbalance in volume compared to other components such as CD, but the circuitry is designed for higher output, whereas that for MC is not.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts