Dynaudio majority shares bought by Chinese company.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
I don't want to be the spoiler here but that might work for the short come... When i look to the future 2/3 years i'm not that optimist, if the chinese decide to move production to China, they will, and if they decide to cut in controle quality they will, is that simple! What can a 15% partner do against it???

why do you presume that there will be a cut in quality control. Theres a massive amount of high grade electronics made in china, why should this be any different?

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
I don't want to be the spoiler here but that might work for the short come... When i look to the future 2/3 years i'm not that optimist, if the chinese decide to move production to China, they will, and if they decide to cut in controle quality they will, is that simple! What can a 15% partner do against it???

why do you presume that there will be a cut in quality control. Theres a massive amount of high grade electronics made in china, why should this be any different?

Profit! That simple!

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
radiorog said:
Well,I made my previous comment without reading the actual link....having read it,it could help dynaudio advance even quicker. Fingers crossed....

And speakers made with goer teks! Water proof yet breathable speakers.....maybe this is a market we had all let pass by until now :)

Bravo.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
cheeseboy said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:

Profit! That simple!

But why is that any different to now?

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
cheeseboy said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:

Profit! That simple!

Not! Thats why he sold the majority of Dynaudio shares to the Chinese!

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
cheeseboy said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
cheeseboy said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:

Profit! That simple!

ok, i'm just confused now. so the fact he's making them for profit now is no different to how it will be under the chinese owners, but you seem to think that the quality control will go down? Given that small company, what's their name, Apple, like to use factories in China, the quality control has always seemed ok to me.... :p

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
In the UK at least the duty of Company Directors is "to promote the success of the company for the benefit of its members as a whole" (Companies Act 2006) the members being the shareholders. Whilst this is now taken to include a wider responsibility to society as a whole, basically this means maximising profits and as they teach at business school "maximising shareholder wealth".

Of course you can argue that this isn't the best way of doing things but it is the way capitalism works, for good or ill. I guess the guy who sold most of his stake was maximising his wealth.

Chris

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
cheeseboy said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
cheeseboy said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:

Profit! That simple!

...Apple, like to use factories in China, the quality control has always seemed ok to me.... :p

Thank god to that! I've got a new iphone 5s each 6 months, waranty replacement...

Rimse

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I was working Denmark some time ago,for me there is no wonder what they did it ,they simply just businessmens-chasing profit.Wrong strategy with pricing of new confidence line,prices got higher.EU market suffering some stagnation because of banking crises in variuos EU countries. Lets hope may be chiness will make dyns sound even better

TRENDING THREADS