Dynaudio Excite 16 with Pioneer A-A9?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi! I lives in Christchurch, New Zealand. My usual B&W 685 was damaged in the earthquake (might be in the news over there!)

A local Hifi dealer is selling a pair of 6 weeks old Dynaudio Excite 16 with some minor scratches from quake damage at half price(GBP 620).

Will my Pioneer setup (PD-D6, A-A9) with Chord chameleon silverscreen interconnet & Chord rumour 2 speaker wires able to run those Dynaudio? Will it be an improvement over the B&W?

Dynaudio is 4ohms, max power handling 150w at 4 ohms

Pioneer A-A9 rated at 70w at 4ohms, I believe it was tested by HFN to be 100w at 4ohms, going to 135w at dynamic condition.

Many thanks for any inputs. Cheers!

A

Anonymous

Hi, this is a bargain, they will definately be a big improvement on the 685s, if your listening room is large enough and they are placed on standd clear of walls. I still would ask the dealer to take them home a couple of days to listen.

I recently listened to Dyn 2/7 and was blown away, exept the overpowering bass in a small room.

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks for reply.

They will be put on heavy 2nd hand Dynaudio stands I bought last year, about 0.5metre from side & back walls. Gonna bring them home for an audition today if aftershakes are not too severe :D

A

Anonymous

I got the speakers at home now. It already had some 20hrs at the dealer, is that enough time for running in? Cheers!

A

Anonymous

Wee bump. How much run in time is required for the Dynaudios?

Also, anybody can commend on Pioneer's Legatolink Pro? Is it worth left on or off? Many thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts