Dynaudio Audience 40`s

chunky70

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I have The CA 540A,540C combo and now all i need Is speakers.My friend has a pair of dynaudio audience 40`s,would they be suitable with the CA`s,baring in mind the CA`s exuberant sound?

Audiofoolius

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
You should audition first to be sure. CA can be bright in some combo's and be aware that the Dyns needs lots of power to sound anywhere near as good as they can.

A

Anonymous

The Audience 40 sound excellent with Cyrus aPa7.

Can you home dem a Cambridge 840 perhaps?

chunky70

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Buying anoyher amp is out of the question just now! I will try the dynaudio`s and see what they are like.I think they are very unsensitve and hard to drive-86db,4 ohm load,perhaps i should look at getting budget speakers.

A

Anonymous

I don't think they will work well together. I had the A42's, and they were hard to drive. I'm not saying you won't get high SPL with a few watts; you will. But the sound will be lifeless, boring, lacking attack and dynamics. Even if the A42's are the easiest to drive of all Dynaudios, they are still Dynaudios.

I think a punchier amp, such as an NAD 352, will work better. Of course it's also a matter of taste.

I wouldn't mind too much about the slight brightness of the CA amp in this case; I think the Dynas have a soft top end, so the sound shoudn't become harsh.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i would echo tannoyites concern. i tried my old audience 42's with my even older 640 amp and i didn't think the amp had any real grip on the speaker. try some wharfedale 9.1's and use copper cable to damp the bit of brightness from the components.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts