DVI-HDMI Cable Prob?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Having a problem connecting my pc to my 50" Pioneer HDTV via my Onkyo 905 & Tannoy Mercury F1's.

Ok here goes, i just bought a DVI-D to HDMI Cable so obviously DVI source at pc & HDMI at Onkyo but no joy, no audio or visual even tried pc direct to TV via HDMI slot 3 but still no visual, having set-up my Computer & Home Cinema System myself i have fair grasp on connectivity, products, cables etc. It's like the AV Receiver & TV are not receiving a signal from the pc my computer has 2 DVI ports on the Graphics Card. Do i have to run a seperate cable from my pc to receiver to get audio but why no visual when going direct between pc & tv. Its really bugging me!!!! Especially after spending over 50quid on a decent DVI-HDMI Cable.

I could sure do with some help folks.

A

Anonymous

DVI is visual only so you'll need to connect the audio in an alternative way. The visual problem might be down to the resolution your graphics card is outputting, have you tried changing it to one native to your TV?

A

Anonymous

Thanx Octopo but does tht mean i need to run an extra cable cable to my av-receiver to get audio.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

What's the output resolution and refresh rate from the PC. Does the Onkyo support that on its HDMI input? How about the TV?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts